Wreck The Halls: A Raw Rock Christmas

Community gathering for A Raw Rock Christmas. Guest posting enabled.

Wreck The Halls: A Raw Rock Christmas

Postby JWat » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:26 am

Wreck The Halls: A Raw Rock Christmas.

Thank you everyone for the patience in waiting for our Christmas album! I won't be postponing any longer. But first I wanted to explain the new direction of the album.

It's still free, but you can now pay what you want. This means that if you want it for free, then you enter $0. But if you feel so inclined to donate, all money goes into supporting Showbread's upcoming free tour. Please at least consider giving something - even $1 would be a big help. If everyone who downloaded donated $1, we could bring in $50-$100, or maybe even more. Still, please share this with your friends. Send it around, tell them how they can help, do whatever.

Without further ado:
Wreck The Halls: A Raw Rock Christmas.
JWat
admin

Custom Title: international businessman

Re: Wreck The Halls: A Raw Rock Christmas

Postby riot2003 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:35 am

score :)
The Beard is Back.
riot2003
death head

Custom Title: Beard

Postby el_shek » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:55 pm

Great. The one year I don't contribute, the album actually gets put together.

oh well. maybe next year.
"Convincing people that dumb quotes were written by historical figures will always be funny." - John Wilkes Booth

My band: http://www.facebook.com/brightpaperwerewolves
el_shek
bread head

Custom Title: baby punter

Postby el_shek » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:02 pm

josh's tracks are my favorite so far.
"Convincing people that dumb quotes were written by historical figures will always be funny." - John Wilkes Booth

My band: http://www.facebook.com/brightpaperwerewolves
el_shek
bread head

Custom Title: baby punter

Postby GiraffeInMyThroat » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:35 pm

I love Intro. And that Anarchy Sound one. And Jwats. But I didn't hear anything I didn't like!
meh.
GiraffeInMyThroat
death head

Custom Title: There are some who call me...Tim?

Postby CeeJay » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:35 pm

I love the dirty synth in Deck the Halls. At first I was like "What is going on?" but then it turned out I really dug it.

Coffee Slinger's Christmas might be my favorite complete track. Sounds like something I would listen to outside of this compilation for sure.

Come On! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance! is probably the biggest surprise for me. As soon as it comes on with "Tie up your boots//Jump off the ladder" I was hooked.

The one thing I can say I love about all of these songs is they are incredibly well mixed for the most part and the album will be on medium-heavy rotation on my iPod this week.
CeeJay
death head

Custom Title: Back to Kill Us All

Postby JWat » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:48 pm

You have no idea how much I appreciate that buddy. I noticed you posted it earlier, and it meant a lot. Next year I'm going to start it a little earlier, and since this one actually worked out I have an idea of how to run it now. Hopefully you'll get involved, I really love your voice.

An update:
We already have a few donations, which is.. baffling. I didn't think we could bring in any funds. All I can say is thank you. I'm going to start letting people that donate have a free admission to the forums, I think that's fair. Please keep sending this around to your friends and family. Even if they don't pay for it, seeing all the downloads come in is really encouraging.
JWat
admin

Postby PaperweightHarmonica » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:05 pm

i downloaded it for free planning to go back later and do a donation when i had more time, but i'm not sure if that will even work. do you know, jeremy?

Edit: oh and i haven't really had a chance to listen to all the music yet, what i've heard so far is sweet though. i'm honestly surprised at how good it all sounds, i wasn't aware of the level of talent the members of the RRM possess. you people are amazing.
PaperweightHarmonica
death head

Postby limework » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:21 pm

CeeJay wrote:I love the dirty synth in Deck the Halls. At first I was like "What is going on?" but then it turned out I really dug it.

Coffee Slinger's Christmas might be my favorite complete track. Sounds like something I would listen to outside of this compilation for sure.

Come On! Let's Boogey to the Elf Dance! is probably the biggest surprise for me. As soon as it comes on with "Tie up your boots//Jump off the ladder" I was hooked.

The one thing I can say I love about all of these songs is they are incredibly well mixed for the most part and the album will be on medium-heavy rotation on my iPod this week.

who r u
I'm a dude, she's a dude.
limework
noob

Custom Title: Guest

Postby riot2003 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:52 pm

DLed and Donated! woot.
The Beard is Back.
riot2003
death head

Postby Corvid Canine » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:56 pm

downloading riiiiiight now. <5
I get up in the morning, divide by zero, howl at the moon and eat a bowl of surreal.

(insert blastbeat)
Corvid Canine
death head

Custom Title: The Forum Monster

Postby JWat » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:00 pm

Seth, you should still be able to buy it afterwards, and then just not download it when it gives you the option. If it doesn't work, maybe try clearing your cookies and the browser cache? I'm not entirely sure. Let me know if you can't, and I'll try to figure something out.

I want everyone to know, that PaperweightHarmonica was a HUGE help for all of this. He helped me by providing a bunch more artwork and then making the liner notes look prettier than I had them, and being awesome.
JWat
admin

Postby angelbelow182 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Tracks 3 and 13 are pretty cool :p.
haha.
But the whole the is excellent. It's pretty awesome that we actually got it together this year!
angelbelow182
zay

Custom Title: xGRIZZLYx

Postby riot2003 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:47 pm

I forgot how great coffee slinger's christmas is...
The Beard is Back.
riot2003
death head

Postby Corvid Canine » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:36 pm

i think everyone did a great job with their tracks. jeremy, i had no idea you could sing! your song is actually really cool. Wreck the Halls, Deck the Halls, Oh Chee of Tristmas, We Three Kings (Bandrew) and everything Josh_Dead did were very cool. Of course, Mr. Toot never fails to amuse. <5

Overall, good job everyone!
I get up in the morning, divide by zero, howl at the moon and eat a bowl of surreal.

(insert blastbeat)
Corvid Canine
death head

Custom Title: The Forum Monster

Postby JWat » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:43 pm

Haha. I can't. But I try. I also did the guitar and half the vocals for Coffee Slinger's Christmas.

To anybody that donated for the album that's already on here: I'm extending free registration to donors - do any of you guys want the code to give out to one of your friends?
JWat
admin

Postby PaperweightHarmonica » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:08 pm

JeremySexytime wrote:Seth, you should still be able to buy it afterwards, and then just not download it when it gives you the option. If it doesn't work, maybe try clearing your cookies and the browser cache? I'm not entirely sure. Let me know if you can't, and I'll try to figure something out.

alright, i'll try that tomorrow or something.

and dude sorry i didn't respond to your email, i've been at work for the last 6 hours and had no idea you'd sent me anything. getting on it right now.
PaperweightHarmonica
death head

Postby ThePageStaysBlank » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:02 am

Paperweight: Awesome. Really, this whole thing looks great. That and I love your sn/avatar to boot.
Josh_Dead wrote:This forum is like a used junkpiece from Goodwill. As-is, no refunds.
ThePageStaysBlank
admin

Custom Title: Pseudo-artsy

Postby JWat » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:46 am

For those who haven't seen yet, there's an additional track at 16 now. It's from my good friend Sam, he sent it to me late but it's too good to not include. I've enabled download on the song on it's own, so everyone should pick it up. Updated liner notes are available on that song's individual page.
JWat
admin

Postby PaperweightHarmonica » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:07 pm

ThePageStaysBlank wrote:Paperweight: Awesome. Really, this whole thing looks great. That and I love your sn/avatar to boot.

Thanks! Now, who are you? Izzi SomethingratherthatfranklyIthinkgreatlyresemblesatypo? Maybe?

And on an unrelated note, I've decided the best part of the entire album is the censors on "Rejoice". I love AJJ, and when I saw it on the tracklisting I really wondered how Josh_Dead was gonna pull it off and still keep it clean...I love it. <3
PaperweightHarmonica
death head

Next

Return to a raw rock christmas