I Must Rejoice!

Talk.

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby limework » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:26 pm

hunter i have bad news, your account has been hacked by a girl.
I'm a dude, she's a dude.
User avatar
limework
noob
 
Posts: 7483
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:45 pm
Location: Branson, MO
Custom Title: Guest

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby Prof_Membrane » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:51 am

Lettie wrote:What's dry socket? I'm having one of mine out in a week and a bit. I'm terrified.


The empty hole can get all dried out and infected and pain killers apparently have no effect on it, so you have to go back to the dentist so they can put medicated gauze stuff in there to fix it.

You'll be fine. I looked up symptoms, etc., and it said only 2% to 5% of all people that get their wisdom teeth out get dry socket. Just follow all the directions after the removal, biting the gauze so a clot can form and doing nothing strenuous that might up your heart rate or dislodge the clot. Soft foods that don't require chewing, all that jazz.

I was terrified too. I had to get all four out at the same time and all I got was novocain, when I wanted to be knocked out for it. They gave me two 5mg pills of diazepam, one for the night before, one for an hour before the procedure, and I was fine. If you have to be awake for yours, bring your ipod. Blasting music while they work is a great distraction.
I am on the road crew. This is my stop sign.
User avatar
Prof_Membrane
bread head
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:47 pm
Location: Not quite where I wanna be.

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby ThePageStaysBlank » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:17 am

The first day or two after you get them out isn't so bad. You should still have some pain meds from the doctor, something like diazepam or lortab, and when that runs out you can take something like ibuprofen. The sucky part for me (and my roommate too) was the second or third day. You start to a lot better, and you get sick of eating soft foods like pudding and soup, so you try to eat a sandwich (or a burrito) and it becomes really frustrating. Mostly you'll feel fine--until you try to eat something.
Josh_Dead wrote:This forum is like a used junkpiece from Goodwill. As-is, no refunds.
User avatar
ThePageStaysBlank
admin
 
Posts: 6330
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:27 pm
Location: Duluth, MN (My Desk)
Custom Title: Pseudo-artsy

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby Lettie » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:43 am

Prof_Membrane wrote:You'll be fine. I looked up symptoms, etc., and it said only 2% to 5% of all people that get their wisdom teeth out get dry socket. Just follow all the directions after the removal, biting the gauze so a clot can form and doing nothing strenuous that might up your heart rate or dislodge the clot. Soft foods that don't require chewing, all that jazz.

Does this mean no making out with le boy who is coming to make cake with me on Thursday?

I wanted to be knocked out for it, but the waiting list is too long and I wouldn't have had it done before I went to Oklahoma. But my parents are coming down tonight and tomorrow to keep me calm.
"Love can rebuild the world, they say, so everything's possible when it comes to love."

"I am nobody; I have nothing to do with explosions."
User avatar
Lettie
death head
 
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:12 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Custom Title: Future lonely crazy cat lady.

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby HunterBrown » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:28 pm

limework wrote:hunter i have bad news, your account has been hacked by a girl.

<3
owl wrote:but i am going to the doctor so he can butts them

Image
User avatar
HunterBrown
death head
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: Palmghetto, FL
Custom Title: The Wannabe Ladykiller

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby Prof_Membrane » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:56 pm

ThePageStaysBlank wrote:The first day or two after you get them out isn't so bad. You should still have some pain meds from the doctor, something like diazepam or lortab, and when that runs out you can take something like ibuprofen. The sucky part for me (and my roommate too) was the second or third day. You start to a lot better, and you get sick of eating soft foods like pudding and soup, so you try to eat a sandwich (or a burrito) and it becomes really frustrating. Mostly you'll feel fine--until you try to eat something.

I ate so much mac and cheese I was going crazy. And my mom actually had me only use ibuprofen after the surgery, since it fights the pain and swelling at the same time.
I am on the road crew. This is my stop sign.
User avatar
Prof_Membrane
bread head
 
Posts: 821
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:47 pm
Location: Not quite where I wanna be.

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby rambo_zombie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:23 pm

^same. The vicoden they gave me made me crazy. Everything was spinning and I still had pain. So I just took ibuprofen and iced the heck outta my face.
I would fall asleep with ice packs on either side. Felt like heaven.
Image
User avatar
rambo_zombie
death head
 
Posts: 3079
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:09 am
Location: in your head... GA
Custom Title: Forum Elder

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby Lettie » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:30 pm

IMR: I'm actually hardly in pain. And I've only taken two lots of paracetamol today.
"Love can rebuild the world, they say, so everything's possible when it comes to love."

"I am nobody; I have nothing to do with explosions."
User avatar
Lettie
death head
 
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:12 pm
Location: Edinburgh
Custom Title: Future lonely crazy cat lady.

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby Sara » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:16 pm

IMR: I finally get my car back tomorrow!!!!!
User avatar
Sara
death head
 
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Ohio
Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby Nehemiah » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:18 am

IMR: I'm eating bagel bites and loving it.
User avatar
Nehemiah
fetus
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 2:55 pm
Location: Bath, ME
Custom Title: Generic Wizard

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby HunterBrown » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:49 am

omg I love those things. I haven't had those is so long. Seriously, someone bring me bagel bites now.
owl wrote:but i am going to the doctor so he can butts them

Image
User avatar
HunterBrown
death head
 
Posts: 1414
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:56 pm
Location: Palmghetto, FL
Custom Title: The Wannabe Ladykiller

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby phyro_gp » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:47 pm

rambo_zombie wrote:MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC IS ON NETFLIX.
And I have successfully watched half the 1st season already :D

*brohoof?
User avatar
phyro_gp
zay
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Georgia.
Custom Title: wok?

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby rambo_zombie » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:54 pm

phyro_gp wrote:
rambo_zombie wrote:MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC IS ON NETFLIX.
And I have successfully watched half the 1st season already :D

*brohoof?


Image
Image
User avatar
rambo_zombie
death head
 
Posts: 3079
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:09 am
Location: in your head... GA
Custom Title: Forum Elder

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby phyro_gp » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:06 pm

rambo_zombie wrote:
phyro_gp wrote:
rambo_zombie wrote:MY LITTLE PONY FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC IS ON NETFLIX.
And I have successfully watched half the 1st season already :D

*brohoof?


Image

This place just got 20% cooler
User avatar
phyro_gp
zay
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Georgia.
Custom Title: wok?

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby HxC Scene Roo » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Just so I can fit in...
Image
clayton wrote:Roo is always right.
User avatar
HxC Scene Roo
bread head
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:23 pm
Location: Hudsonville, MI
Custom Title: Roo-rific

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby phyro_gp » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:24 am

HxC Scene Roo wrote:Just so I can fit in...
Image

That's kinda funny, and it kind of fits with the theme of the topic.
User avatar
phyro_gp
zay
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Georgia.
Custom Title: wok?

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby rambo_zombie » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:47 pm

My soul feels like it has wings.
Image
User avatar
rambo_zombie
death head
 
Posts: 3079
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:09 am
Location: in your head... GA
Custom Title: Forum Elder

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby phyro_gp » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:51 pm

rambo_zombie wrote:My soul feels like it has wings.

Just call rambo Fluttershy. Lol
User avatar
phyro_gp
zay
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Georgia.
Custom Title: wok?

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby rambo_zombie » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Ohhhh...you guys....
Image
User avatar
rambo_zombie
death head
 
Posts: 3079
Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:09 am
Location: in your head... GA
Custom Title: Forum Elder

Re: I Must Rejoice!

Postby shadowgnome396 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:28 pm

IMR: I'm going to an Oh, Sleeper & Wolves At The Gate show tonight!
"But oh, my heart was flawed, I knew my weakness. So hold my hand; consign
me not to darkness." ~ Mumford & Sons
User avatar
shadowgnome396
fetus
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:03 pm
Custom Title: invader

PreviousNext

Return to waste.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron