Divorce

Discuss challenging/controversial issues/ideas here. Petty argumentative jargon will become refuse.

Re: Divorce

Postby Sara » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:05 pm

This isn't directed at you, Rachael, since I don't know your situation enough to comment on it.

I think a lot of people, especially younger ones, just give up too quickly. I have a lot of friends who are separating or divorcing right now and it is a bummer all around. I think in a lot of situations its just easier to walk away than to work through issues.
Sara
death head

Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Postby Thoagland » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:10 pm

My opinion: Divorce sucks. It hurts the whole family and is rarely necessary. (Background info on me: my parents are divorced and have each divorced another different spouse, so I've been through a total of 3 divorces, out of those 3, only one had biblical grounds, which is important to me)
Maimsmithing pays well.
Thoagland
bread head

Custom Title: Band Memorabilia

Postby sweetprincess » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:20 pm

If its under Biblical grounds, then yeah. I did have biblical grounds.
"Stagnant or will I run? Give up or will I run into arms that are open? Get rid of all the fear,
I know that You are here."
sweetprincess
death head

Postby ThePageStaysBlank » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:32 am

I used to be really afraid that I'd end up divorced. Both my mom and my grandmother were divorced (both on biblical grounds) and I was scared I'd end up like that too. Now that my mother is getting divorced again (also on biblical grounds) I'm not worried about divorce at all. I've realized it's something that can happen in life and that people get through it. And in all cases they were happier for it. Divorce isn't this big condemning thing that I used to see it as.

Rachael, is it weird to say congratulations? Probably, but I'm glad you made a choice and that you're happy. It sounded like things were getting abusive and I know it's not always easy to pull yourself away from those situations.
Josh_Dead wrote:This forum is like a used junkpiece from Goodwill. As-is, no refunds.
ThePageStaysBlank
admin

Custom Title: Pseudo-artsy

Postby sweetprincess » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:28 pm

Its not weird. It started to get physical, and to the point where I thought God didn't care about me. I really am happy now, and healing.
"Stagnant or will I run? Give up or will I run into arms that are open? Get rid of all the fear,
I know that You are here."
sweetprincess
death head

Previous

Return to challenge.