Divorce

Discuss challenging/controversial issues/ideas here. Petty argumentative jargon will become refuse.

Re: Divorce

Postby phyro_gp » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:38 pm

HxC Scene Roo wrote:This is the part where you're supposed to go, "Huh, the Bible is full of a lot of stuff that doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe I should reconsider putting stock in random compilation of the works of raving lunatics from thousands of years ago." but I digress.

Haha
User avatar
phyro_gp
zay
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Georgia.
Custom Title: wok?

Re: Divorce

Postby hummingbird_mywill » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:37 pm

Honestly, I don't think things get more complicated. I appreciate your experience Rizzo, but I just that I've heard the same thing from other people about homosexuality and I don't agree with that either.

God uses the Holy Spirit to illuminate scripture into our situations, not to add "except when" clauses. I don't mean to sound harsh, but that could be applied to a lot of situations in the Bible otherwise. Of course just because we do something that "misses the mark", as Dies would say, doesn't mean that God won't have loads of grace and make good of all situations, but the commands are still there.

To answer all those situations Izzi, the first is really ambiguous. To all the rest, I believe the Bible says separate or divorce and don't remarry unless the abusive spouse remarries (which is not something to be hoped for because then there is another person they could abuse). I don't believe the Bible condones "moving on" after a marriage unless the other spouse does through adultery, leaving and remarriage, or death.

For example, of one best friends has a monster of a biological father. Let's just say he got 10 years in the fed with no chance of parole. Obvious divorce, but if her mother was trying to live according to scripture, she should not have remarried someone else.
She did though, and they had a good marriage for 2 years and then he lost his job and started drinking and turned into a horrible man. He refused to go for help or stop. Another obvious divorce, but she should not have remarried.
The third husband though again was good for like 4 years this time, but then started becoming emotionally abusive and increasingly threatening. Again, they got divorced and rightly so. I do not believe she should not get remarried though, and that has nothing to do with the fact that she does a horrible job of picking prospective husbands.

Another example, the wife of a man in my church left him. He's remaining single. I don't know if they will reconcile, but he won't be remarrying unless she does first.

Lots of people say I would change my tune if I were in the situation. Obviously I can't prove I wouldn't unless it does happen, but like I said, that is what I stand by. If I marry some awesome guy who starts thinking it would be fun to get drunk and then decides to make a lifestyle of it, I would leave him and tell him that we wouldn't get back together unless God changes his heart and life, and I would remain single as long as he is.
}elisa{
What good is just one string when you can strum the guitar?
monstersforyou wrote:Any man who loves Batman is a GOOD man.

vertebrae wrote:I really have no plans to record anything in particular other than me and friends and our kitty displaying strange antics.
User avatar
hummingbird_mywill
death head
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:03 am
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Custom Title: theoretician of a new paradigm

Re: Divorce

Postby hummingbird_mywill » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:39 pm

Also, double toast to Roo:
I'm really glad you don't believe in Christianity if that's what you believe the Bible is. I would be very concerned if you adhered to a faith established by raving lunatics. I hope that one day you come to believe otherwise about it though.
}elisa{
What good is just one string when you can strum the guitar?
monstersforyou wrote:Any man who loves Batman is a GOOD man.

vertebrae wrote:I really have no plans to record anything in particular other than me and friends and our kitty displaying strange antics.
User avatar
hummingbird_mywill
death head
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:03 am
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Custom Title: theoretician of a new paradigm

Re: Divorce

Postby limework » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:13 am

hummingbird_mywill wrote:God uses the Holy Spirit to illuminate scripture into our situations, not to add "except when" clauses. I don't mean to sound harsh, but that could be applied to a lot of situations in the Bible otherwise. Of course just because we do something that "misses the mark", as Dies would say, doesn't mean that God won't have loads of grace and make good of all situations, but the commands are still there.

i agree. i wasn't saying that He adds "except when" clauses. that would make Him inconsistent. i was saying the Spirit does illuminate the Scripture, so that we can fully understand it. since every person is different, and their story is unique to them, Scripture has to be somewhat general; it can't be too specific (besides, if it were ultra-specific, we wouldn't be having this discussion would we? we all have questions about the Word.)

He meets us where we're at (lyric from Centipede Sisters comes to mind: FOR I AM ALL THINGS TO ALL PEOPLE!) He wants us to pursue Him. and seeking His word and discerning it with the Spirit is one way to do just that. He wants to forever remain a mystery. think about it: our relationship with God is a romantic one at its core. and what's a good way to keep a relationship fresh? by maintaining an element of mystery. that's not to say He won't reveal huge secrets to you; He totally will! like i said earlier, He says in His word that even to this day, He's still revealing things to us not recorded in the Bible. it's all very exciting!
I'm a dude, she's a dude.
User avatar
limework
noob
 
Posts: 7483
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:45 pm
Location: Branson, MO
Custom Title: Guest

Re: Divorce

Postby phyro_gp » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:02 pm

limework wrote:
hummingbird_mywill wrote:God uses the Holy Spirit to illuminate scripture into our situations, not to add "except when" clauses. I don't mean to sound harsh, but that could be applied to a lot of situations in the Bible otherwise. Of course just because we do something that "misses the mark", as Dies would say, doesn't mean that God won't have loads of grace and make good of all situations, but the commands are still there.

i agree. i wasn't saying that He adds "except when" clauses. that would make Him inconsistent. i was saying the Spirit does illuminate the Scripture, so that we can fully understand it. since every person is different, and their story is unique to them, Scripture has to be somewhat general; it can't be too specific (besides, if it were ultra-specific, we wouldn't be having this discussion would we? we all have questions about the Word.)


He meets us where we're at (lyric from Centipede Sisters comes to mind: FOR I AM ALL THINGS TO ALL PEOPLE!)

I do believe thats devine accomodation.. either way your thoughts on the fact God hides and reveals various things about himself reminds me of what a lot of people say makes marriage good. i think thats why i believe in Open theism, because i think God likes to be suprised by his creations. Im getting off topic Though so i'll shutup now.

Edit: sorry if this is riddled with grammatical errors, my droid is acting crazy
User avatar
phyro_gp
zay
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Georgia.
Custom Title: wok?

Re: Divorce

Postby hummingbird_mywill » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:53 pm

limework wrote:i agree. i wasn't saying that He adds "except when" clauses. that would make Him inconsistent. i was saying the Spirit does illuminate the Scripture, so that we can fully understand it. since every person is different, and their story is unique to them, Scripture has to be somewhat general; it can't be too specific (besides, if it were ultra-specific, we wouldn't be having this discussion would we? we all have questions about the Word.)

He meets us where we're at (lyric from Centipede Sisters comes to mind: FOR I AM ALL THINGS TO ALL PEOPLE!) He wants us to pursue Him. and seeking His word and discerning it with the Spirit is one way to do just that. He wants to forever remain a mystery. think about it: our relationship with God is a romantic one at its core. and what's a good way to keep a relationship fresh? by maintaining an element of mystery. that's not to say He won't reveal huge secrets to you; He totally will! like i said earlier, He says in His word that even to this day, He's still revealing things to us not recorded in the Bible. it's all very exciting!


I agree with you on almost all those points except where I take issue is the bold.

Sure, some is more general. Like if some guy came up to me and was like "can I have your sweater?" I wouldn't be like "ok, let me take my shirt off too!" and it's more principle based (Luke 6:29 reference), but a lot of it IS specific. It's VERY specific! When Jesus is like "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to father except through me" he isn't making a principle that everyone should probably go for him because technically they could get to the Father another way, but in principle he's the best way. He is entirely specific on that and there are umpteen more examples of Jesus being entirely specific.

I cannot see how "I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery-unless his wife has been unfaithful" can be anything BUT specific. He's not speaking to a particular person with a particular situation from which we can glean a proverb or lesson. He says 'whoever'. That is everyone.

Yes, I am completely on board for God keeping himself a romantic mystery for us to continue discovering more and more as our lives unfold, however there is frequently (perhaps even usually) a difference between scripture that describes who God is, versus scripture that describes how God wants us to live our lives. Sometimes there is an overlap where God is like "this is how I am, and you should be likewise". However, I don't believe God wants us to be the least bit foggy on how he wants us to live our lives morally, and any fogginess that is there is because of our fallen state.

If a question is "should I go for [unsinful option A] or [unsinful option B]?" then there's a lot for the Holy Spirit to work there in revelation, but if the question is "is [action A] sinful?" then I believe the answer will always always always go along with Scripture and never contradict. I'm sure you agree with this paragraph, but as it pertains to the topic, I would reiterate two paragraphs up. Anyhoo, I know I can't change your mind with mere philosophizing, and you would have to come to your own conclusion.


Side note, if this isn't too personal for the public forum Izzi (and you see this) otherwise PM me, I thought your parents were still together? :? I feel like a bad friend for somehow totally missing that.


Also
Sara wrote:Not only that but, as I briefly mentioned in the other thread, serial monagomy trains you for divorce. You spend 3-5 years with someone, break up, and repeat 2-3 times until you feel old enough to get married.

holy dang this is SO TRUE.
}elisa{
What good is just one string when you can strum the guitar?
monstersforyou wrote:Any man who loves Batman is a GOOD man.

vertebrae wrote:I really have no plans to record anything in particular other than me and friends and our kitty displaying strange antics.
User avatar
hummingbird_mywill
death head
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:03 am
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Custom Title: theoretician of a new paradigm

Re: Divorce

Postby limework » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:17 pm

actually, i agree with all of it. but i have a question about this part:
hummingbird_mywill wrote:I cannot see how "I tell you this, whoever divorces his wife and marries someone else commits adultery-unless his wife has been unfaithful" can be anything BUT specific. He's not speaking to a particular person with a particular situation from which we can glean a proverb or lesson. He says 'whoever'. That is everyone.

let's say that this is 100% literally true, and it applies to everyone, period. no questioning, no shenanigans about it. okay. now, when divorced people get remarried, their pastor would be an accomplice in their sin. being that it's as common as it is, it's basically been accepted as no big deal. now if a person getting ready to be married is, let's say, a known pedophile, and the pastor that would be doing the ceremony knows this as well, do you think he would proceed with it? probably not, or there would at least be a condition in which the person would need counseling for their issue before getting married. an extreme example i know, but i'm trying to make a point. people get divorced and re-marry all the time for a pleothera of reasons. yet, if they're all sinners and adulterers for it, then many pastors are also in sin for making it official. and every single person in attendance at the wedding, and all their family members, and friends, all support this sin. they all support this person becoming an adulterer. if what you say is true.

it kind of unravels our entire society's way of thinking about what sins are "bad", and what sins are "really bad". the problem with this is that since God meets us where we're at, deals with us individually, and helps us work out our own salvation, groupthink is dangerous and misleading.

also saying that Scripture is general was a bad way to put it. i meant that a lot of it IS specific, but that some of it simply cannot be taken at face value. "Abstain from the appearance of evil." on the surface that could be taken as don't do anything that could ever be seen as evil by someone. if that were the case, no one could ever do anything! obviously it means if something appears evil to you, keep your distance.

but there again, that take on it presents a whole other discussion: should all of us always stay away from what looks evil? what if there's an opportunity for ministry there that we'd be passing up? i hope you see what my point in all this is. basically, when any given Scripture is read, it must be examined with your heart and with the Spirit helping you. and ultimately, in my case, that's why i was given the peace about my divorce. and God knew i was going to remarry! i even asked Him to give me a sign if He had something for me in missouri back when i was considering moving back to colorado. that's precisely when i met amy :)
I'm a dude, she's a dude.
User avatar
limework
noob
 
Posts: 7483
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:45 pm
Location: Branson, MO
Custom Title: Guest

Re: Divorce

Postby hummingbird_mywill » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:11 am

Oh man. See, here's where it gets interesting I suppose. I actually do believe in all those scenarios you listed. To be totally honest, (if I was a pastor) I wouldn't marry two people that I questioned the marital background of. A lot of pastors do actually require session type deals before marrying people, and I would do that because I believe pastors have a certain amount of spiritual responsibility placed on them being the ones to "pronounce you husband and wife". If that caused them to lie to me that would be their sin, not mine. I haven't studied it all properly because it doesn't apply to me (not a pastor), but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't.

What I can say for certain is if I had a Christian friend, no matter how close, who was married to someone else and they divorced them, for whatever reason outside of infidelity, and they even started dating someone else I would tell them how I feel about the issue and not attend the wedding if it progressed to that point for the very reason you said. I wouldn't be able to get past the "if anyone believes these two should not be wed" part. But then, a lot of folks leave that out nowadays.

I don't believe any sins are more bad than other sins, but I believe there are sins we repent of and sins we don't. I was really bitter was at a friend because he came out with being an atheist in the fall, and apparently was for a long time before that while still staying in leadership in our Christian Fellowship group and pretending (the pretending part was where bitterness came in, not the atheism bit). God recently convicted me of that and I believe I was committing murder before I repented.
}elisa{
What good is just one string when you can strum the guitar?
monstersforyou wrote:Any man who loves Batman is a GOOD man.

vertebrae wrote:I really have no plans to record anything in particular other than me and friends and our kitty displaying strange antics.
User avatar
hummingbird_mywill
death head
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:03 am
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Custom Title: theoretician of a new paradigm

Re: Divorce

Postby limework » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:53 am

the institute of marriage is interesting in and of itself. i touched on this a little at the beginning of this thread. marriage ceremonies the way we know them now are pretty young. the government used to not have a hand in them at all. a lot of marriages used to be arranged too (some still are). being that for a long time, marriage was even easier to get into since there was no paperwork or marriage license, more people made the commitment, even when they had no idea what they were getting into. these things considered, it'd be pretty tyrannical of God to say that no matter who you are, if you divorce and remarry, you're committing adultery. it just makes so much more sense to me for that to apply to certain situations instead of being a blanket principle for everyone. and the biggest reason for my thinking this way is how God dealt with me during my first marriage and consequential divorce; He gave me a peace about the big D word. i'm telling you, as i sit here and type this out, i have no conviction whatsoever. i'm not making stories up. He was by my side when i decided to go through with the divorce, and He's by my side now. if nothing else, i have my relationship with Him to fall back on when questioning my decision; anytime i start to feel guilty about it, i can rest in the fact He gave me a peace about it.
I'm a dude, she's a dude.
User avatar
limework
noob
 
Posts: 7483
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:45 pm
Location: Branson, MO
Custom Title: Guest

Re: Divorce

Postby phyro_gp » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:19 am

limework wrote:the institute of marriage is interesting in and of itself. i touched on this a little at the beginning of this thread. marriage ceremonies the way we know them now are pretty young. the government used to not have a hand in them at all. a lot of marriages used to be arranged too (some still are). being that for a long time, marriage was even easier to get into since there was no paperwork or marriage license, more people made the commitment, even when they had no idea what they were getting into. these things considered, it'd be pretty tyrannical of God to say that no matter who you are, if you divorce and remarry, you're committing adultery. it just makes so much more sense to me for that to apply to certain situations instead of being a blanket principle for everyone. and the biggest reason for my thinking this way is how God dealt with me during my first marriage and consequential divorce; He gave me a peace about the big D word. i'm telling you, as i sit here and type this out, i have no conviction whatsoever. i'm not making stories up. He was by my side when i decided to go through with the divorce, and He's by my side now. if nothing else, i have my relationship with Him to fall back on when questioning my decision; anytime i start to feel guilty about it, i can rest in the fact He gave me a peace about it.

The funny thing is, so many people use this excuse to justify terrible things. Mind you, im not refering to your situation because i agree heavily With you Sean.
User avatar
phyro_gp
zay
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:19 pm
Location: The Magical Land of Georgia.
Custom Title: wok?

Re: Divorce

Postby xXsLaWdAwG97XxX » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:43 pm

Hey guys. I guess I'm here. Sup?

I think I'm seeing a bit of an issue, but I haven't read the whole thread. Maybe I should.

Here's a thing about sins. I think the point Jesus was making (and the point the Bible makes) is that sin causes harm. It separates us from God because He is holy, yes, but it also separates us from Him and others because it hurts people and relationships. It's true that marriage was way different back then, and it was especially bad because as I understand it a divorced woman had basically no rights or opportunities at all. So yes, I think divorce still harms relationships (and so can marriage in some cases).

I think trying to figure out what is or isn't a sin or what's worse is missing the point. Jesus was telling people about their sinful/hurtful behaviors, yes, but looking down on them wasn't the point. He was showing them a better way to live with his own life. Forgiveness is the point.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
xXsLaWdAwG97XxX
death head
 
Posts: 3371
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Oskaloosa, IA, USA, Earth
Custom Title: Crowd Getter-goer

Re: Divorce

Postby limework » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:10 am

word. good to see you man, i'm gonna miss you at c-stone.
I'm a dude, she's a dude.
User avatar
limework
noob
 
Posts: 7483
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:45 pm
Location: Branson, MO
Custom Title: Guest

Re: Divorce

Postby hummingbird_mywill » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:15 pm

Yes true, but I think we need to establish the difference between people we need to reach out to, and people who follow (or sometimes just profess to follow) Christ.

Obviously (maybe I should have stated this earlier) I'm not going to expect non-believers to follow the commands of the Bible on marriage or anything else really. They can't surrender their crumbling marriage to God if they haven't surrendered their salvation. They can't pray God would reconcile their spouse or ex-spouse to Him, if they haven't reconciled themselves to Him. They can't hope to be a light to their unsaved spouse if they haven't accepted Jesus as their Lord first.
Those are people who we need to understand the concept of forgiveness, grace, and mercy first and foremost. You cannot have forgiveness without the presence of sin. Ever remember Jesus asking the Father to forgive him? He never did, except in the Lord's prayer where he says this is how YOU should pray, and that's because he had no sin. Jesus came to destroy sin with forgiveness, not pretend they didn't happen.

That being said, knowing what sin is, based off Jesus' teaching, is important because Jesus is pretty dang serious about the 'following' aspect of Christianity as a faith. Before the whole divorce bit he says the classic line "If your hand causes you to sin - even your stronger hand - causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown in hell" (Matthew 5:30). Then later is:
Jesus wrote:Not everyone who calls out to me, 'Lord! Lord!' will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter. On judgment day many will say to me, 'Lord! Lord!' We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name'. But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God's laws'.

Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn't obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.
(Matthew 7:21-27)


That is super heavy stuff. Jesus himself is talking people being thrown into hell, turning people away from himself, and houses crashing down. This is all directed at people who are following Jesus at this point.
Yes yes yes we need to make sure people who haven't met Jesus yet realize how infinite his mercy is, but we can't ignore all his teaching on what sin is and what are sins. He thought it important enough to teach on during his 3 years, and the disciples thought it important enough to include chapters of it in their short books.
}elisa{
What good is just one string when you can strum the guitar?
monstersforyou wrote:Any man who loves Batman is a GOOD man.

vertebrae wrote:I really have no plans to record anything in particular other than me and friends and our kitty displaying strange antics.
User avatar
hummingbird_mywill
death head
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:03 am
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Custom Title: theoretician of a new paradigm

Re: Divorce

Postby sweetprincess » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:02 pm

All of these responses are kind of confusing. My situation has been going on for a long time, since the beginning of our marriage. I am committed to working it out, but I don't know if he is. He doesn't see a problem with how he is treating me (throwing heavy objects at me, getting inside my head, telling me everything I believe about God is wrong, ignoring me, acting like my interests are pathetic, etc.) I really don't know what constitutes abuse, but I do know that either way, I am secure in Jesus.
"Stagnant or will I run? Give up or will I run into arms that are open? Get rid of all the fear,
I know that You are here."
User avatar
sweetprincess
death head
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: G-Rap, MI

Re: Divorce

Postby hummingbird_mywill » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:51 pm

That's super rough. I'll keep you in my prayers. In a marriage where both sides do want to work on on it and accept that something's wrong, ultimatums are bad because they can be manipulation, but I don't see anything wrong with letting him know the seriousness of your problems by explaining you think you need to separate, and then actually leaving and going back to your parents' place if necessary.

I realize I'm only 21 and clearly not an expert so probably it would be best to speak with your pastor about it. I just wanted to say, as one of the big anti-divorce-at-almost-all-costs voices in the thread, I realize it's usually never "just work on it and pray and it'll be fine!" Also, Levi obviously does love and care about you, and he seems to really want to follow God, so it might be best for you to separate for a time period so he can sort out whatever it is that he's not dealing with and allowing to destroy your relationship.
}elisa{
What good is just one string when you can strum the guitar?
monstersforyou wrote:Any man who loves Batman is a GOOD man.

vertebrae wrote:I really have no plans to record anything in particular other than me and friends and our kitty displaying strange antics.
User avatar
hummingbird_mywill
death head
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:03 am
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Custom Title: theoretician of a new paradigm

Re: Divorce

Postby limework » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:38 am

hummingbird_mywill wrote:Levi obviously does love and care about you, and he seems to really want to follow God

lol

really?
I'm a dude, she's a dude.
User avatar
limework
noob
 
Posts: 7483
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:45 pm
Location: Branson, MO
Custom Title: Guest

Re: Divorce

Postby sweetprincess » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:15 pm

Umm, no. He has redeeming qualities about him, but he flat out refuses to change, flat ou told me tyt he doesn't think he can so he won't try. He wrote me a 4 page letter this past week about how he thinks we clash (his words) and how he thinks we weren't meant to be. So I have a choice to make.
"Stagnant or will I run? Give up or will I run into arms that are open? Get rid of all the fear,
I know that You are here."
User avatar
sweetprincess
death head
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: G-Rap, MI

Re: Divorce

Postby hummingbird_mywill » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:45 pm

limework wrote:
hummingbird_mywill wrote:Levi obviously does love and care about you, and he seems to really want to follow God

lol

really?

well that probably should have been in past tense... I guess it was a year and a half ago that I saw you guys and a lot changes... I'll be praying and PM you.
}elisa{
What good is just one string when you can strum the guitar?
monstersforyou wrote:Any man who loves Batman is a GOOD man.

vertebrae wrote:I really have no plans to record anything in particular other than me and friends and our kitty displaying strange antics.
User avatar
hummingbird_mywill
death head
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:03 am
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Custom Title: theoretician of a new paradigm

Re: Divorce

Postby BrumtheLion » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:39 am

i think it is sad. because it hurts people.
User avatar
BrumtheLion
zay
 
Posts: 388
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:10 am
Custom Title: airbear

Re: Divorce

Postby sweetprincess » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:48 pm

It does hurt, but separating from my husband and divorcing him was the best thing I've ever done. As sad and selfish as that sounds, I've never been more free. Marriage can hurt if the other person is not.supporting you, putting you down, lying, possibly cheating, etc.
"Stagnant or will I run? Give up or will I run into arms that are open? Get rid of all the fear,
I know that You are here."
User avatar
sweetprincess
death head
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: G-Rap, MI

PreviousNext

Return to challenge.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron