Homosexuality v.3(?)

Discuss challenging/controversial issues/ideas here. Petty argumentative jargon will become refuse.

Re: Homosexuality v.3(?)

Postby HunterBrown » Mon May 14, 2012 9:28 pm

I'm just going to be honest. 99% of gay people that I've ever met are really cool.
owl wrote:but i am going to the doctor so he can butts them

HunterBrown
death head

Custom Title: The Wannabe Ladykiller

Postby sorrythanks » Mon May 14, 2012 10:01 pm

The majority of the people I work with are gay. I have no problem with it at all. I support them fully and would never do anything to oppress them. They are the nicest people I have met in Orlando so far.
sorrythanks
fetus

Custom Title: you're welcome.

Postby limework » Mon May 14, 2012 10:39 pm

I'd like to read this when I have time and energy.
I'm a dude, she's a dude.
limework
noob

Custom Title: Guest

Postby rawADAMkills » Tue May 15, 2012 11:41 am

HunterBrown wrote:I'm just going to be honest. 99% of gay people that I've ever met are really cool.

It's true. I had a ton of gay friends in college. I look at it this way:
if you're an a-hole, you're an a-hole
if you're a good person, you're a good person

regardless of what body you are attracted to.

I've met a lot of REALLY annoying people, some of them are gay and some of them are straight. All of them annoy the i feel the need to discuss the nature of certain tabboo subjects. in this case, urination out of me. But I gotta love them anyway.
JeremySexytime wrote:Confession: I've been trying to be the first person in Adam's sig because I love him.

rawADAMkills
death head

Custom Title: Jan Beremy

Postby shanecrash » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:44 am

Adam,
Shane is a dummy. Don't trust him.
shanecrash
fetus

Postby rawADAMkills » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:36 pm

shanecrash wrote:Adam,
Shane is a dummy. Don't trust him.

Psh. How would YOU know?
JeremySexytime wrote:Confession: I've been trying to be the first person in Adam's sig because I love him.

rawADAMkills
death head

Custom Title: Jan Beremy

Postby ThePageStaysBlank » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Lately I've been talking to my mom about homosexuality because she recently found out that one of her friends is gay. It's been refreshing to hear some of her old views have changed completely.

Turns out there's hope for those born in the 1950s.
Josh_Dead wrote:This forum is like a used junkpiece from Goodwill. As-is, no refunds.
ThePageStaysBlank
admin

Custom Title: Pseudo-artsy

Postby rambo_zombie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:36 pm

I think there's more information for everyone now. It's really nice. For awhile it was taboo to even seek out a different opinion. Now it's encouraged.
rambo_zombie
death head

Custom Title: Forum Elder

Postby hummingbird_mywill » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:14 pm

}elisa{
What good is just one string when you can strum the guitar?
monstersforyou wrote:Any man who loves Batman is a GOOD man.

vertebrae wrote:I really have no plans to record anything in particular other than me and friends and our kitty displaying strange antics.
hummingbird_mywill
death head

Custom Title: theoretician of a new paradigm

Postby rambo_zombie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:29 pm

That was incredibly interesting.... I don't really see how they do it though. I mean, it just seems so foreign to me.
If he's attracted to men, how can he have enjoyable sex with a woman??

Odd. But it was still very enlightening.
rambo_zombie
death head

Postby Sara » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:20 pm

I think he explained that issue very well. I am glad I read this.
Sara
death head

Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Postby ThePageStaysBlank » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:02 am

I only read part of it but what I did read was really interesting.

Rambo--I guess I just thought of it the other way, if the world was gay and I was one of the few straight ones, would I be able to have a relationship with a woman? And yeah, I think I could.

The rest could be a little TIM so, you know, read responsibly.
Whenever I've thought about myself and homosexuality I've come to the same conclusion, past second and I'm out. I'd just rather be with men. But what he said about sex being about intimacy was really interesting. It kind of put a new perspective on it and I think I see where he's coming from.
Josh_Dead wrote:This forum is like a used junkpiece from Goodwill. As-is, no refunds.
ThePageStaysBlank
admin

Custom Title: Pseudo-artsy

Postby clayton » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:22 pm

I read bits and pieces of that. Very interesting. Not sure what I think of it yet. Specifically, I'm thinking about if he's possibly at least slightly bi despite what he says, which would greatly change everything else about the article, if it's a good idea for homosexual Christians to marry partners of the opposite sex, and if a homosexual marrying someone of the opposite sex is being "unnatural".
clayton
death head

Postby phyro_gp » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:50 pm

hummingbird_mywill wrote:Well this is interesting...I
http://www.joshweed.com/2012/06/club-un ... ut-of.html

Wow that has to be one of the most interesting things I've ever read.
phyro_gp
zay

Custom Title: wok?

Postby rambo_zombie » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:50 pm

ThePageStaysBlank wrote:I only read part of it but what I did read was really interesting.

Rambo--I guess I just thought of it the other way, if the world was gay and I was one of the few straight ones, would I be able to have a relationship with a woman? And yeah, I think I could.

Whenever I've thought about myself and homosexuality I've come to the same conclusion, past second and I'm out. I'd just rather be with men. But what he said about sex being about intimacy was really interesting. It kind of put a new perspective on it and I think I see where he's coming from.

I could easily be married to a woman. But I think I would begin to miss being with a man. I just don't see how he's able to stifle those feelings.
He seems incredibly content and happy with his decision which is really refreshing to see.
And yes, I agree. The views he showed on intimacy were very interesting. I never thought about it that way. But if you're close to someone the sex and all that will be better because there's more communication and trust. Which is what it's all about.
rambo_zombie
death head

Postby hummingbird_mywill » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:27 am

rambo_zombie wrote:
ThePageStaysBlank wrote:I only read part of it but what I did read was really interesting.

I could easily be married to a woman. But I think I would begin to miss being with a man. I just don't see how he's able to stifle those feelings.
He seems incredibly content and happy with his decision which is really refreshing to see.
And yes, I agree. The views he showed on intimacy were very interesting. I never thought about it that way. But if you're close to someone the sex and all that will be better because there's more communication and trust. Which is what it's all about.

I think a key difference in his case is that he can't miss being with a man because he never has been.

I think I could be with a woman. When you mention 'miss being with a man', I think there would be that whole 'I wonder what I'm missing' but the fact is, if it's not God's plan for me to get married then I'm going to have to keep wondering that now anyways.

This concept is like... a really taboo Pandora's box to talk about in the church (the 'imagine' God's sex plan reversed)... hmmm. I'm really interested in having a super frank conversation about sexuality in general. I feel like the Lord's commands are becoming more black and white to me, and feelings and life situations are becoming more grey (and I think this is still related to homosexuality in my opinion because "gendering" as they call it in pysch is almost always paired with "sexual orientation").

...so I'm writing a super long thing and I'm going to post it in the girls' forum because I don't know if it's fitting to go out into the public forum in all it's honesty.
Summary: there are so many feelings that seem to be a spectrum, as the world has noticed, like femininity/masculinity, sexual 'orientation', sexual so-called 'desire' (libido?), visual/physical stimulation, emotional domination, blah blah blah gets so complicated, but I don't think that's a reason or excuse to deviate from God's plans and expectations for your life.
Hence that story getting a lot of previously stewing thoughts in my mind to kind of erupt.
}elisa{
What good is just one string when you can strum the guitar?
monstersforyou wrote:Any man who loves Batman is a GOOD man.

vertebrae wrote:I really have no plans to record anything in particular other than me and friends and our kitty displaying strange antics.
hummingbird_mywill
death head

Custom Title: theoretician of a new paradigm

Postby phyro_gp » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:21 am

Along with the topic I agree, If I was married I could only be with a women, because I'm attracted to them.
phyro_gp
zay

Postby limework » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:57 am

i could never marry a dude, because then, who would make the sammiches?
I'm a dude, she's a dude.
limework
noob

Custom Title: Guest

Postby phyro_gp » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:03 am

limework wrote:i could never marry a dude, because then, who would make the sammiches?

Me. Seriously I make a mean brat sandwich.
phyro_gp
zay

Postby Zinja#2 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:22 pm

Zinja#2
zay

Custom Title: Dramatic Pancakes

PreviousNext

Return to challenge.