Come Now Sleep

Lament

Come Now Sleep

Postby The_Fedora » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:32 am

Anyone else here think that this album by ACB could be the greatest album ever made?
Timothy breaks my heart
limework wrote:
it's all good dude. i know this is super cliche but it's not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean.
The_Fedora
fetus

Custom Title: Zac (Zinny)

Re: Come Now Sleep

Postby JustSkiff » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:21 pm

Wrong Body is fantastic. This whole album is incredible, and might be my favorite theology album.
JustSkiff
zay

Postby Timloney » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:24 pm

I've been listening to it a lot lately. I like Our World is Grey.
The dark side may have cookies, but we have Jesus
Timloney
zay

Custom Title: Pastor In Training

Postby The_Fedora » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:41 am

Timloney wrote:I've been listening to it a lot lately. I like Our World is Grey.

That's definitely a good one.
Timothy is my favorite, followed with Clouds, World is Grey, but, I'm trying to think of one I don't like.

That album was so thick and heavy lyrically, it's a shame what's become of the band.
I did like hell or high water though.
limework wrote:
it's all good dude. i know this is super cliche but it's not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean.
The_Fedora
fetus

Postby GiraffeInMyThroat » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:22 am

Amazing and inventive music, really thought provoking lyrics... terrible production. It would probably be one of my favorite albums if it didn't sound like crap.
meh.
GiraffeInMyThroat
death head

Custom Title: There are some who call me...Tim?

Postby clayton » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:19 am

This album played an important roll in my life when it was released. I don't really listen to acb much anymore, but when I do, it's usually this album.
clayton
death head

Postby Timloney » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:01 pm

It's Funny, being primarily a hardcore fan I was a big fan of SILYAYD but not so much for Come Now Sleep or Hell or High Water. Only in the last few weeks have I given the other two a serious listen, and in turn a serious liking. ACB is probably the only other band besides Showbread on my phone that has thought provoking powerful lyrics.
The dark side may have cookies, but we have Jesus
Timloney
zay

Custom Title: Pastor In Training

Postby The_Fedora » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:03 pm

GiraffeInMyThroat wrote:Amazing and inventive music, really thought provoking lyrics... terrible production. It would probably be one of my favorite albums if it didn't sound like crap.

I couldn't disagree with you more. How did this album have terrible production, I think it was fantastic, mixing, producing and mastering. If it was too polished, it wouldnt be acb.
limework wrote:
The_Fedora
fetus

Postby JustSkiff » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:16 pm

The guitar tones are incredible.
JustSkiff
zay

Postby GiraffeInMyThroat » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:22 pm

The_Fedora wrote:
GiraffeInMyThroat wrote:Amazing and inventive music, really thought provoking lyrics... terrible production. It would probably be one of my favorite albums if it didn't sound like crap.

I couldn't disagree with you more. How did this album have terrible production, I think it was fantastic, mixing, producing and mastering. If it was too polished, it wouldnt be acb.

For me it isn't an issue of "polished"/"raw". And I freakin love the guitar tones. But to me the mix is just "off". A good mix doesn't crumble to pieces when you turn it up. But unfortunately in a lot of places Come Now Sleep just turns into a mesh of noise when you do just that. And the way the vocals are eq'd/placed volumewise, to me, makes them sound drowned out 50% of the time. The lyrics are a huge component yet I'm often straining to hear them. I know I sound nitpicky, but audio is what I do. I still love the album, and I'm bummed I never got to experience ACB live.
meh.
GiraffeInMyThroat
death head

Custom Title: There are some who call me...Tim?

Postby JustSkiff » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:47 pm

I saw them shortly after CNS was released. I think I was too focused on wanting to hear "The Widow" live (WHICH I DIDN'T!) that I didn't fully appreciate their set.
JustSkiff
zay

Postby The_Fedora » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:22 pm

JustSkiff wrote:I saw them shortly after CNS was released. I think I was too focused on wanting to hear "The Widow" live (WHICH I DIDN'T!) that I didn't fully appreciate their set.

I've had moments like that, even seeing a band that I didn't like, and now love- but have broken up since.

It sucks, but we can only hope ACB will come back full power someday. However, I am a big fan of Hawkboy, despite it's terrible name
limework wrote:
The_Fedora
fetus

Postby JustSkiff » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:57 pm

I love both Hawkboy eps, and I'd probably enjoy seeing them live.
JustSkiff
zay

Return to music is dead.