Favorite Legend Of Zelda game!

Film and television.

Favorite Legend Of Zelda game!

Postby joshypants99 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:22 pm

What is your favorite Legend Of Zelda game, and why?
As for me it's probably Twilight Princess or Ocarina of Time, because OoT is just classic and Twilight Princess is just so much fun.
Lettie wrote:A couch made of candy would result in no couch eventually.
joshypants99
zay

Location: Smithfield, SW Pennsylvania, USA, North America, Planet Earth.
Custom Title: Chief Log-a-log

Re: Favorite Legend Of Zelda game!

Postby Izzyman » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:16 am

Ocarina and Link to the Past FO SHO!!!
:raw: "Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts." :raw:
Izzyman
death head

Custom Title: Self proclaimed artist

Postby DarkJoey » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:41 am

twilight princess.
DarkJoey
zay

Postby limework » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:46 am

ooooooh no. no you didn't ask me this!

-ocarina of time is the best game of all time, so there's that.
-a link to the past is second best, only because ocarina of time exists.
-then it's majora's mask, the lovely black sheep of the series. massively underappreciated by the public, but properly supported by zelda fans.
-now we have wind waker. the most cheerful and light zelda, it's an absolute joy to play. and something i learned recently is that the infamous triforce shard hunt near the end of the game is only there because they ran out of time making the game; there was two more dungeons originally planned, but they only had to time to come up with something simpler at the end of the game...and voila, the shard hunt was born.
-skyward sword. the first chronological entry in the series does not disappoint. i love the beautiful art style and fleshed out characters. only complaints are minor, the tadtone quest and the annoying "you found an amber relic" messages.
-THEN twilight princess. the best thing about this game is it's basically a spiritual successor to ocarina of time. and turning into a wolf is awesome. only complaints are the wolf fetch quests at the beginning, and the overall bland art direction. so many browns and grays!
-the original legend of zelda. a game leading in innovation at the time, it was the first cartridge to feature a save option, and the first game to really push exploration vs. a linear progression.
-link's awakening. probably the weirdest zelda, which is why i like it so much. chain chomps and goombas in a zelda game? really? yes. shigeru miyamoto is insane. a genius, but insane.
-minish cap. after i got past the annoyance of ezlo, i really enjoyed this one. i especially liked the leaf-sailing bits.
-oracle of ages. the better of the oracle games, because it focused on the puzzle element more than the action.
-oracle of seasons. still awesome, great for action-focused gameplay.
-zelda 2. not really a great game, but it was cool to see zelda explore the RPG genre. plus, this game was the inspiration for the gameplay in adventure time: hey ice king, why'd you steal our garbage?
-four swords adventures. it's multiplayer zelda, which just doesn't have the same charm.

edit: moved to visual. my excitement over seeing a zelda thread interrupted my modding instincts! just for a moment.
I'm a dude, she's a dude.
limework
noob

Custom Title: Guest

Postby shadowgnome396 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:11 am

I can see that limework is as big a fan of Zelda as I am. I own and have played every single Zelda game to date. And oddly enough, Oracle of Ages & Seasons are my favorite. On their own, they are very good. Seasons is a tad better than Ages, but when you link the two games, OH MY WORD does it get awesome! Gameboy Color = my childhood.

Oh and there's one more thing. Limework, you say that OoT is the best? Well, if you are anything like me, you have probably noticed that the Zelda games seem somewhat predictable and easy after playing every game in the series... And that is why Master Quest totally tops OoT. It's OoT on steroids! Always a challenge; always a complete blast! Get your hands on it if you haven't, and you will never touch OoT again... hehehe.
"But oh, my heart was flawed, I knew my weakness. So hold my hand; consign
me not to darkness." ~ Mumford & Sons
shadowgnome396
fetus

Custom Title: invader

Postby limework » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:26 am

yeah i own master quest, both the gamecube version and the 3DS version. it's definitely more challenging, but something about the original just has a dominating hold over my nostalgia.
limework
noob

Postby tomato » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:06 am

My favorite Legend of Zelda game is Ocarina Of Time as well :P
tomato
fetus

Postby Izzyman » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm running through Link to the Past with a buddy right now as I type this. Classic.
:raw: "Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts." :raw:
Izzyman
death head

Custom Title: Self proclaimed artist

Postby Prof_Membrane » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Guess who's decided to pop back onto the forums and post something! Anyway.

Concerning the console Zeldas, it is a tie between Majora's Mask and Wind Waker. I'm actually considering buying some purple spray paint, making/finding a stencil of the actual Majora's Mask and spray painting that sucker on the outside of my black 3DS XL. Though maybe gold with the Triforce to mimic that gorgeous 3DS that's coming out with A Link Between Worlds. *drools copiously* (sidenote: Nintendo. Where the CUSS is my Majora's Mask 3D?!) For the handheld games: Link's Awakening first, followed incredibly, unbearably closely by Oracle of Ages. I love them both so much I think the only reason that Link's Awakening wins is because it was the first Zelda game I ever played and nostalgia bumps it up to number one.

I love the whole series so much that I am seriously considering getting a small triforce tattoo on my wrist, which would be a pretty significant change to my otherwise un-marked flesh.
I am on the road crew. This is my stop sign.
Prof_Membrane
bread head

Postby ZinjaNombie » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:02 pm

MAJORA'S MASK IS #1
hntwilley1 wrote:someone say something funny like pancakes
ZinjaNombie
death head

Postby limework » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:38 pm

wish i had a 3DS so i could play the newest one :(
limework
noob

Postby ZinjaNombie » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:02 pm

I have a 3DS but I have so many different games I need to catch up on right now. Life is hard man.
hntwilley1 wrote:someone say something funny like pancakes
ZinjaNombie
death head

Postby limework » Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:57 am

sell them and play zelda and rebuy them after that. then give zelda to me. and your 3DS.
limework
noob

Return to visual.