Doctor Who

Film and television.

Postby JWat » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:55 am

Time Lords get 12 regenerations, so that means there will be 13 Doctors. Some people are even speculating that since the number of regenerations was actually a Time Lord rule, and there's no Time Lords left to enforce it, he might not actually have a limit anymore (or it just won't end anytime soon). Rassilon was able to give or take away regens so does that mean it was just a High Council form of population control?
JWat
admin

Custom Title: international businessman

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Sara » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:33 pm

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I have heard some theories that when River used her regens to save The Doctor she gave him all of her regenerations. So if she dies, she's dead and he has another 10 added on to his total.
Sara
death head

Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Postby TorchesTogether » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:34 pm

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

And does Ten's hand-in-a-jar-sort-of-regeneration in Journey's End count? I JUST DON'T GET IT
TorchesTogether
death head

Postby Timloney » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:38 pm

TorchesTogether wrote:And does Ten's hand-in-a-jar-sort-of-regeneration in Journey's End count? I JUST DON'T GET IT

I don't think it does. He says he using the healing properties of the regen and puts the rest of the energy into the hand. This energy then makes a totally new (albeit human) Doctor, instead of being a regen.
The dark side may have cookies, but we have Jesus
Timloney
zay

Custom Title: Pastor In Training

Postby Rawlyssa » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:55 am

So this post is a hot mess.

SO. LETS ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT THIS SHOW.

I've only seen the new stuff. I don't care. I sat through some of the 1st Doctor's episode and it was not 4 me.

ECCELSTON
Honestly underrated. Him and Rose are so beautiful. He was so brooding and sad about the Time War but the Love Rose had for him was to natural and genuine that it softened his cold hearts.

TENNANT

Sooo basically Im in love with him. He was magical and still brooding. Honestly I believe you cannot have Smith without Tennants doctor. He was the perfect mix of the two. I can elaborate if needed. He's my favorite doctor all around.

Him and Rose are my favorite doctor/ companion duo. Rose Tyler I- is the saddest sentence in history.

Martha is a harlot and I do not associate that name to doctor who she is simply the worst do not argue this with me I have proof.

I. LOVE. DONNA. Honestly she gets the most Age Of Reptiles is by far the best Showbread album but she's seaking sassy and forces the doctor to be more kind to people. she was not a romantic interest which was so refreshing. I do not understand people's hatred towards her so if this is you please stay in your lane I don't need your swerve. Ending was so so sad.

SMITH

I love Smith. His only flaw is that he isn't Tennant. And Eccleston's only flaw is that he isn't smith or tennant. Smith was magical and etherial and child like and I LOVED IT. I never thought the Doctor was too selfish. I think he had seen so much hurt that he decided to be more magical. I love it.

AMY AND RORY ARE MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS OF ALL TIME. Like honestly Moffat screwed up a lot of the series with his MASSIVE PLOT HOLES but the amy and rory episodes were by far the best. Cinematic and wonderful to watch. I'm still not over their departure.

RIVER omgomgomgomgomgomgogmogmogmogmg. Sexy. Mysterious. Lovable. scary. spoilers. I love River. I think her story line was the best plot twist in television history. That was genius. i knew it was coming because TUMBLR RUINS ALL THE THINGS but I was still surprised. yaaaaaaas.

I didn't like CLARA at first. I think Moffat tried too hard to make her special. She felt forced on us. TBC

JOHN HURT
Never existed. That 50th anniversary episode should have never gone down like that and could have been a fun story about the doctor crossing paths with Human Tannant and Rose from the alternate universe but it was all about a Doctor that we never really cared about, ruined the number system, and was overall a disappointment. I don't care if he's John Hurt. Do not argue with me about this.

CAPALDI
I'm halfway through the season. He's warming up to me but honestly I don't know how you go from Magical Smith to Grumpy Old Man Who Doesn't Care About Anyone. I'm still not a fan of his.

HOWEVER. Capaldi has made me appreciate CLARA more. She is standing up for herself and is growing a pair. I am now a Clara fan.

So those are all my immediate general thoughts. Of course you can disagree with me about Martha and Hurt. <3
paik wrote:Don't take me as a racist, I love KFC.

Josh_Dead wrote:
sweetprincess wrote:I don't even KNOW how he gets his hair to do that
It's the spirit.
Rawlyssa
demetrius

Custom Title: Adam's Pam Beasley.

Previous

Return to visual.