Doctor Who

Film and television.

Re: Doctor Who

Postby Sara » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:31 am

So I watched the first season. I enjoyed it a lot. I just finished the Christmas invasion.
Sara
death head

Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Postby Valerik » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:59 pm

Ah, Doctor Who :)

I am (somewhat) new to the DW universe, but I am a strong Whovian:
I watched my first episode little over a year ago, and that was "Rose", the first episode of Season 1 of New Who. I watched maybe four episodes total before my interest started to wear. But a friend of mine showed me Blink and guided me through some good "hook" episodes. I have indeed been hooked :P

I've seen all of Eccleston's season (who I have since come to appreciate), most of Tennant's tenure, and I am up-to-date with Smith -minus his first Christmas episode- as well as the Eighth Doc's TV movie. I really want to watch more Classic.
Valerik
fetus

Postby TorchesTogether » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:44 am

I had never seen a single episode, but I started watching the 2005 season and I'm completely hooked now. I'm about halfway through it. So wonderful.
TorchesTogether
death head

Postby Sara » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Finish it! New ones start saturday!
Sara
death head

Postby TorchesTogether » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:16 am

I HAVE JUST WITNESSED DAVID TENNANT AS THE DOCTOR AND MY LIFE HAS CHANGED FOREVER.
TorchesTogether
death head

Postby Sara » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:09 am

The new episode was awesome. I am going to miss the ponds.
Sara
death head

Postby Mac Dawn » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:29 pm

Last night's episode kicked all kinds of hind quarters! First time I nearly cried over a Dalek... and the fact the Ponds are leaving contributed to my tearing up.
MONKEY ON A STICK!!!

make this your sig if you believe in it
Mac Dawn
zay

Custom Title: I feel challenged and insecure

Postby TheGabiLizard » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:40 am

TorchesTogether wrote:I HAVE JUST WITNESSED DAVID TENNANT AS THE DOCTOR AND MY LIFE HAS CHANGED FOREVER.

This. This always.
TheGabiLizard
zay

Custom Title: Not really a lizard.

Postby JWat » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:11 am

I just started watching Series 1, it's really weird.. I didn't think I'd like it, but I'm about halfway through and I've already stopped noticing how cheesy the production is.
JWat
admin

Custom Title: international businessman

Postby Sara » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:24 pm

The story is so good the rest doesn't matter. They get more $ as the series progress and production value increases.
Sara
death head

Postby Lettie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:30 pm

Sara wrote:The story is so good the rest doesn't matter. They get more $ as the series progress and production value increases.

I HATE NOT SEEING THE NEW EPISODES. I'm going to get to a point where I stop caring about streaming it illegally. I'm a British citizen, it's my right to watch Doctor Who.
"Love can rebuild the world, they say, so everything's possible when it comes to love."

"I am nobody; I have nothing to do with explosions."
Lettie
death head

Custom Title: Future lonely crazy cat lady.

Postby TorchesTogether » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:44 pm

JWat wrote:I just started watching Series 1, it's really weird.. I didn't think I'd like it, but I'm about halfway through and I've already stopped noticing how cheesy the production is.

That's basically what happened to me. Once you get to Tennant, all of your resistance will fade forever.
TorchesTogether
death head

Postby Sara » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:28 pm

Lettie, you need to tell your school to get some decent cable. We not only watched it when it aired but its also on demand. Why doesn't BBC America stream it? lame.
Sara
death head

Postby TheGabiLizard » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:02 pm

I watch it online. I don't even care :P
TheGabiLizard
zay

Custom Title: Not really a lizard.

Postby GriffonTheCat » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:23 pm

The Christmas episode was great! I'm going to miss the Pond's but Clara looks like a great companion
GriffonTheCat
fetus

Custom Title: Cabin boy

Postby hummingbird_mywill » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:05 am

Lettie wrote:
Sara wrote:The story is so good the rest doesn't matter. They get more $ as the series progress and production value increases.

I HATE NOT SEEING THE NEW EPISODES. I'm going to get to a point where I stop caring about streaming it illegally. I'm a British citizen, it's my right to watch Doctor Who.

This whole thing made me giggle tremendously.

Fortunately once I got obsessed with Doctor Who it seems like all my Whovian friends just came out of the woodwork. I think what really happened is that they've all been dropping hints all along and I just ignored them because I had no idea what they were referring to. Anywho, we were having a discussion about the whole production value thing, and it's weird... like I barely notice it. :? I dunno... I just went from the end of Season 6 to beginning of 1 and barely skipped a beat, except obviously noting to myself that I was going backwards in the Doctor's timeline. And he has a different face and personality. But yeah. Apparently prop and special effects quality aren't a huge deal to me. Except the super super ridiculous ones. Like these:
}elisa{
What good is just one string when you can strum the guitar?
monstersforyou wrote:Any man who loves Batman is a GOOD man.

vertebrae wrote:I really have no plans to record anything in particular other than me and friends and our kitty displaying strange antics.
hummingbird_mywill
death head

Custom Title: theoretician of a new paradigm

Postby TorchesTogether » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:11 pm

I want to at least vaguely familiarize myself with each of the Doctors, so I'm watching some of the 1960s episodes now. Often really boring, but sometimes enjoyable! The first Doctor really grew on me.
TorchesTogether
death head

Postby Timloney » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:38 pm

I've been watching the New Who and I got to say it's awesome! At the start of season 2 I was so used to Ecclesston that the switch really bugged me. Now Tennat is the Doctor in my mind. I've only seen one episode with Smith as the Doctor (the Snowmen episode) and I'm not sure if I like him as much as Tennat. Anyone else notice that since 2005 there have been three Doctors, and Smith is the eleventh, meaning either he will be on for a long time, or Doctor Who will end in the next few years. Well that or he somehow restarts his regeneration cycle.
The dark side may have cookies, but we have Jesus
Timloney
zay

Custom Title: Pastor In Training

Postby JWat » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:55 am

Time Lords get 12 regenerations, so that means there will be 13 Doctors. Some people are even speculating that since the number of regenerations was actually a Time Lord rule, and there's no Time Lords left to enforce it, he might not actually have a limit anymore (or it just won't end anytime soon). Rassilon was able to give or take away regens so does that mean it was just a High Council form of population control?
JWat
admin

Custom Title: international businessman

Postby Sara » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:33 pm

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

I have heard some theories that when River used her regens to save The Doctor she gave him all of her regenerations. So if she dies, she's dead and he has another 10 added on to his total.
Sara
death head

PreviousNext

Return to visual.