Writing Fantasy-Fiction.

Books, literature, and comics.

Re: Writing Fantasy-Fiction.

Postby hummingbird_mywill » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:35 pm

Guys I played Dungeons and Dragons on Monday, and it was flipping hilarious. I got really into my backstory and made me realize how excited I am to start writing my story in the spring when school's done and I'm job hunting :D
}elisa{
What good is just one string when you can strum the guitar?
monstersforyou wrote:Any man who loves Batman is a GOOD man.

vertebrae wrote:I really have no plans to record anything in particular other than me and friends and our kitty displaying strange antics.
User avatar
hummingbird_mywill
death head
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:03 am
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Custom Title: theoretician of a new paradigm

Re: Writing Fantasy-Fiction.

Postby icantsavemyself » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:25 pm

hummingbird_mywill wrote:Guys I played Dungeons and Dragons on Monday, and it was flipping hilarious. I got really into my backstory and made me realize how excited I am to start writing my story in the spring when school's done and I'm job hunting :D


Congratulations! What edition was it? Making characters with interesting backstories and then putting them into play is one of my favorite things, I just wish I could start playing again.
limework wrote:pokepooping defined my childhood.
User avatar
icantsavemyself
death head
 
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:26 am
Location: BUTTe FALLS, OR
Custom Title: The Spear

Re: Writing Fantasy-Fiction.

Postby hummingbird_mywill » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:17 am

icantsavemyself wrote:
hummingbird_mywill wrote:Guys I played Dungeons and Dragons on Monday, and it was flipping hilarious. I got really into my backstory and made me realize how excited I am to start writing my story in the spring when school's done and I'm job hunting :D


Congratulations! What edition was it? Making characters with interesting backstories and then putting them into play is one of my favorite things, I just wish I could start playing again.

We were playing 3.5 rules and stats, but getting some ideas from version 4.
It was actually really bizarre, because one of my friends that was playing made her character totally separately from mine (and before), but we both ended up choosing a rapier-wielding half-elf ranger that speaks Draconic... so we ended up making a tied together story line about being twins exiled from both the human and elven kingdoms we come from - it's pretty sweet haha. Our characters did end up having a pretty good contrast in play though, largely because I was lawful yet stealthy and she was chaotic and charismatic... very chaotic actually haha.
I can definitely see though how D&D could get very weird very fast, depending on who the DM is. I wouldn't just march into a random group and be like "ya, let's play!" I'll stick to my best friend's husband being the DM. He's got this little group of Christian guys that all play together so really sketchy stuff doesn't go down. You should get one of those. :)
}elisa{
What good is just one string when you can strum the guitar?
monstersforyou wrote:Any man who loves Batman is a GOOD man.

vertebrae wrote:I really have no plans to record anything in particular other than me and friends and our kitty displaying strange antics.
User avatar
hummingbird_mywill
death head
 
Posts: 1047
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:03 am
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Custom Title: theoretician of a new paradigm

Re: Writing Fantasy-Fiction.

Postby icantsavemyself » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:16 pm

That's awesome! Yeah, my friends and I have had our moments where someone took something a little too far but most of the time that doesn't happen. I pretty have a group set it's just that a lot are in college and busy until summer. I can't wait until we all find time though. I have a crazy Star Wars game set up to run and I have a cool character I want to play in a 3.5 game.
limework wrote:pokepooping defined my childhood.
User avatar
icantsavemyself
death head
 
Posts: 2720
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:26 am
Location: BUTTe FALLS, OR
Custom Title: The Spear

Previous

Return to print.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron