Summer Reading

Books, literature, and comics.

Re: Summer Reading

Postby Sara » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:50 pm

I am eating pizza! Anywho, I tried to read The Lord of the Rings and couldn't get past Tom Bombadil. I don't know why. I only enjoy fantasy books too, so in theory I should have adored it. Must be too adult focused. I read children's books. (Harry potter, Percy Jackson, neverending story, etc.)
Sara
death head

Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Postby manicgeodude » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:34 am

um, The Golden Compass was the first in a great trilogy of books that got one terrible Disney-afide movie
charis wrote:Image
manicgeodude
bread head

Custom Title: swag

Postby hummingbird_mywill » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:48 pm

Sara wrote:I am eating pizza! Anywho, I tried to read The Lord of the Rings and couldn't get past Tom Bombadil. I don't know why. I only enjoy fantasy books too, so in theory I should have adored it. Must be too adult focused. I read children's books. (Harry potter, Percy Jackson, neverending story, etc.)

AHA! I was talking with some folks about this and one was like "He doesn't even make sense?!" and the other one was like "no! He totally makes sense! He's the best part of the book!"
I lean towards the first. He seemed super random to me, and to not fit in the confines of the universe properly. Anyway, I'm currently stuck in the murk of the Two Towers where Sam and Frodo are wandering about in the marsh and whining and bickering like little girls about their fate and Gollum. So annoying. I need to do it though or I'll never forgive myself.

Do read Lord of the Rings though.
}elisa{
What good is just one string when you can strum the guitar?
monstersforyou wrote:Any man who loves Batman is a GOOD man.

vertebrae wrote:I really have no plans to record anything in particular other than me and friends and our kitty displaying strange antics.
hummingbird_mywill
death head

Custom Title: theoretician of a new paradigm

Postby icantsavemyself » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:19 pm

LOTR Is seriously the best book series. He just created a whole world and history and it was so dang in depth. Also, read the A Song Of Ice And Fire series (A Game Of Thrones). And Sherlock Holmes.
limework wrote:pokepooping defined my childhood.
icantsavemyself
death head

Custom Title: The Spear

Postby Timloney » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:10 pm

Since LOTR keeps coming up has anyone read The Silmarillion? It was a great book hard to get through at points and indeed challenging but if you can do it then you are one dedicated reader. In short it is a complete history of the Tolkien world up until the third age ( where LOTR takes place).
The dark side may have cookies, but we have Jesus
Timloney
zay

Custom Title: Pastor In Training

Postby icantsavemyself » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:11 pm

I'm planning on buying once I get a job. I've wanted to read it for so long but other books kept taking it's place on my list.
icantsavemyself
death head

Postby TorchesTogether » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:49 pm

The Silmarillion is intense. It really gives you a better idea of the sheer scope of the world Tolkien created. It was hard to get through the first time, but I love it now.
TorchesTogether
death head

Postby icantsavemyself » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:13 am

Yeah, I've heard it's worth it if you're a big Tolkien fan. I'm stoked that I have a library card for the first time I can actually read a a ton of books without going broke.
icantsavemyself
death head

Postby heavymetal_dante » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:45 pm

I haven't even read LoTR, but from what I understand, Tom Bombadil is the most powerful being in all of the world, might have been the first sentient being, and could basically defeat Sauron instantly

but

he doesn't really feel like it today.
heavymetal_dante
Bieber Captain

Custom Title: I'll kill yer dog

Postby icantsavemyself » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Tom Bombadil is neat. I'm pretty sure he was supposed to be the spirit of Middle Earth basically.
icantsavemyself
death head

Postby hummingbird_mywill » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:18 pm

heavymetal_dante wrote:I haven't even read LoTR, but from what I understand, Tom Bombadil is the most powerful being in all of the world, might have been the first sentient being, and could basically defeat Sauron instantly

but

Wow. That's like... exactly a perfect description of the impression I got from reading the books.
Also, obviously I expected differences from the movies but when he shows up on the scene I was supremely baffled.
}elisa{

vertebrae wrote:I really have no plans to record anything in particular other than me and friends and our kitty displaying strange antics.
hummingbird_mywill
death head

Postby icantsavemyself » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:41 pm

hummingbird_mywill wrote:Also, obviously I expected differences from the movies but when he shows up on the scene I was supremely baffled.

What?
icantsavemyself
death head

Postby Sara » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:48 pm

We're you baffled because he was invisible?
Sara
death head

Postby icantsavemyself » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:49 pm

I don't even know what you're talking about. He wasn't in the movie...was he?
icantsavemyself
death head

Postby Sara » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:52 pm

No, he definitely was not. I am confused by Elisa.
Sara
death head

Postby icantsavemyself » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Thank you. For a second there I thought everything I knew was a lie.
icantsavemyself
death head

Postby hummingbird_mywill » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:24 pm

I meant I saw the movies first and was like "I gotta read these books" and he showed up in the books. haha
}elisa{

hummingbird_mywill
death head

Postby manicgeodude » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:13 am

heavymetal_dante wrote:I haven't even read LoTR, but from what I understand, Tom Bombadil is the most powerful being in all of the world, might have been the first sentient being, and could basically defeat Sauron instantly

but

nah man. he's super powerful, but its always kinda hinted at that he has a different kind of power or that him and Sauron's powers dont really affect each other.
and theyre pretty evenly tiered
charis wrote:Image
manicgeodude
bread head

Custom Title: swag

Postby Mammar » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:39 pm

من المعروف ان تنظيف المنازل من بين اهم الخدمات الضرورية في التنظيف والترقية بمنازلنا الى مصاف المنازل العصرية والتي عرفت تنظيفا عصريا من شانه ان يوفر لساكنته ظروفا حياتية راقية ولابد من توفر هيئة تختص في المجال مع تقديم ضمانات متكاملة من شانه ان تجعل الافراد يضمنون نجاح خدمة التنظيف ولا حاجة للمزيد من ضياع الاموال عبر طلبات خدمة تنظيف المنازل التي لا تلبي حاجياتهم ولا تتماشى مع رغباتهم لأن العديد من شركات تنظيف المنازل تسعى فقط الى عرض خدماتها عبر طرق ترويجية فحسب من اجل كسب المال فقط دون مراعاة الوازع الاخلاقي والضمير المهني الذي يحتم على مدراء مثل هاته الشركات ان يسعوا خلف ارضاء العملاء ليس اكثر من هذا عبر اتقان تنظيف المنازل .شركة تنظيف كنب شرق الرياض
ومن اجل اثراء الواقع الخدماتي الذي يدخل في اطار تنظيف ونظافة المنازل اردنا ان نساهم معكم في ذلك، وذلك بالإعلان عن الخدمات المميزة في هذا المجال والتي ترفع شعار تنظيف المنازل والتي تحولت الى وجهة حقيقية يطلب خدماتها الالاف من عملاء تنظيف المنازل وكلهم امل ويقين وقناعة بالمستوى الراقي الذي تحققه الشركة لهم من جودة في تنظيف المنازل سرعة في تنظيف المنازل ,ضمان في تنظيف المنازل، انية في تنظيف المنازل، وهذا كله راجع لما تملكه شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض من امكانيات هامة في المجال من افضل اليات تنظيف المنازل، ارقى وسائل وإمكانيات تنظيف المنازل، جميع ارقى وأفضل مطهرات المنازل والتي ساعدت في انتشار تلك الشركات على نحو واسع من مناطق المدينة المنورة حتى اصبحت متداولة بين كل العملاء والواقع الميداني يشهد على صحة ما نقول عبر المنازل التي عرفت عمليات تنظيف واسعة النطاق ساعدت في رضا ملاكها بصورة متكاملة من الضمان.
هذا وتتوفر الشركة ايا على مميزات هامة ساعدت في انتشار خدمات التنظيف على مستوى الجهة من بينها انها تمتلك افضل شركة تنظيف فلل بالرياض عمالة فلبينية هذه العمالة النشطة التي كانت سببا أساسياً في تحقيق اسمى هدف لدى الشركة وهو ارضاء عملاء تنظيف عملاء تنظيف المنازل بل حتى ان هناك عددا من المهتمين بشان تنظيف المنازل صنفوا عمالة الشركة بأنها افضل عمالة تنظيف منازل على الاطلاق وليس جاء هذا الحكم اعتباطا فقط انما لما قدمته من مجهودات ميدانية في كل ما يتعلق بنظافة المنازل بل وأكثر من هذا فإنها باتت تمتلك من التجربة والخبرة في مجال النظافة والتنظيف ما يدفعها لأن تحقق ارقى مستويات تنظيف المنازل بدقة متناهية وهذا امر يحبذه العملاء والأفراد من كل الشرائح الاجتماعية التي تتقدم الى شركات تنظيف بجدة بشكل ومي بل بشكل اني ادى الى مضاعفة جهود العمالة حتى تتمكن من تلبية جميع طلبيات تنظيف المنازل .
وفضلا عن كل هذه الامكانيات فان الشركات ورغبة منها في اشراك الجميع في الاستفادة من خدمات التنظيف بادرت الى التفكير في اسعار تنظيف الاسعار وبعد المراجعة التي قام بها خبراء تنظيف المنازل الشغالون بالشركة ارتات الشركة ان توفر لجميع عملائها افضل اسعار تنظيف المنازل على مستوى المدينة المنورة سعيا منها الى تعميم تنظيف ونظافة المنازل كما ان وفرت الى جانب هذا الامر العديد من افضل عروض تنظيف المنازل على الاطلاق تماشيا مع المنافسة الشرسة التي تعترض الشركة في مجال التنظيف العام للمنازل .
الان كل ما عليكم إلا ان تتقربوا من مصالح شركات تنظيف بالدمام حتى تقفوا ايضا على خصومات تنظيف المنازل فالفرصة مفتوحة اماكم حتى تستفيدوا جميعا .

ويشتمل هذا البرنامج علي ( إلتقاط جميع الاغراض الملقاة على الارضيه فى المنزل وغير مرغوب بها – تنظيف أطباق الطعام – تنظيف الملابس – ستم تنظيف جميع المنضدات في المنزل وتلميعها – شفط جميع الاتربه فى المنزل من علي الأرضيات ) وأيضاً أحد اهم الأشياء هي أن الطاقم المكلف بتنظيف المنزل سيتأكد قبل مغادره المنزل بأن جميع الأرضيات وألأسطح معقمه وتم تطهيرها بالكامل من اي جراثيم أو بكتيريا ضارة أوغبار وأتربه وغيرها من الأمور
شركة تنظيف بجازان
الجميع في هذه الأيام يصبح مشغولاً ووقته ضيق للغايه، ممايجعل من مهمه تنظيف المنزل والحفاظ عليه نظيفاً وخالي من الفوضي والأمراض، يمكن تقسيم المهام مابين أفراد الأسرة فيما بينهم للقيام بتلك المهام ولكن إن لم يتم التنسيق الجيد والحفاظ علي اداء المهام فى وقتها للحفاظ علي المنزل نظيفاً سيفشل الأمر وعندها يتم ألجوء إلي المهنين والمحترفين في هذا المجال أو يقوم عملهم علي تنظيف المنازل، ويمكن التعاقد مرة واحده للقيام بكل المهام الصعبه علي العائله ومساعدتهم.
شركتنا شركة الاوائل افضل شركة تنظيف سجاد بالرياض ، نحن نتعامل بكل حرص ودقة مع السجاد والموكيت الخاص بعملائنا الكرام حيث ان قطع السجاد والموكيت من اكثر الاشياء ذات الاتساخ المتكرر لانها معرضة دائما للاتربة والاوساخ ، نحن نتميز بغسيل وتنظيف السجاد والموكيت بافضل الطرق الحديثة سواء بطريقة البخار باستخدام افضل الاجهزة المتطورة او باستخدام الطرق التقليدية العادية ، ان المنظومة الاحترافية لشركتنا شركة الاوائل افضل شركة تنظيف سجاد بالرياض تتكامل على اساس عدة اعمدة اساسية العمالة الماهرة المحترفة ، ادوات وخامات مستوردة ومتطورة ، معدات واجهزة حديثة لنصل فى النهاية الى نتائج مبهرة ومتميزة تنال رضاء جمهورنا الغفير داخل الرياض ، نحن نملك افضل اسعار لخدمات غسيل وتنظيف الموكيت والسجاد بين الشركات الاخرى فى الرياض .
Mammar
fetus

Previous

Return to print.