The New 52

Books, literature, and comics.

Re: The New 52

Postby Izzyman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:25 pm

TAysOn wrote:
icantsavemyself wrote:Anyone read any Batman? I want know if it's worth getting into.

I realize you posted this over three months ago, but...I've been reading the new 52 Batman since issue one. It's really well done. The art style is great and Scott Snider knows how to write comic books. Court of Owls and Night of the Owls were both REALLY good. It's probably the best Batman run since Paul Dini was writing Detective Comics. Death of the Family is the current story they're doing now...I've never been more emotionally invested in a comic book before (and that's saying something).

Yeah the plain and simple New 52 'Batman' is awesome! I'm on like issue 7 and I need to get back to my local shop and catch up but the Court of Owls storyline is beyond epic!
:raw: "Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts." :raw:
Izzyman
death head

Custom Title: Self proclaimed artist

Postby Izzyman » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:26 pm

I've also picked up a few issue of other New 52 - Justice League, Flash, Teen Titans, Earth 2. A few others I can't remember right now. I need to scope my collection.
Izzyman
death head

Postby shadowgnome396 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:39 pm

Any of you ever read Doug Moench's Knightfall Batman series? From the portions I've read, I think it's pretty cool. And icantsavemyself, Knightfall might be a good place to start with Batman.

You guys' thoughts on Knightfall?
"But oh, my heart was flawed, I knew my weakness. So hold my hand; consign
me not to darkness." ~ Mumford & Sons
shadowgnome396
fetus

Custom Title: invader

Postby Izzyman » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:36 pm

I own the issue were Bane breaks the Bat. I need to read the whole series though.
Izzyman
death head

Postby icantsavemyself » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:18 am

I think I'm going to have to buys TPB's then.
limework wrote:pokepooping defined my childhood.
icantsavemyself
death head

Custom Title: The Spear

Postby TAysOn » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:36 pm

In the new 52 I've been following Justice League, Superman, Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern and Catwoman.

Knightfall was really good! Better than I expected. The middle part (KnightQuest) was kind of disinteresting just because of how much of a twit Jean-Paul Valley is haha but the first part and the part were both epic.

The creators of the series all were getting kind of sick of the dark brooding anti-hero that Frank Miller kind of turned Batman into, and they saw people trying to make Batman into someone he wasn't by stripping him of his moral value. The purpose of the story was to show the different between the two and the importance of Batman upholding his moral value. I really like how they did that and I'm glad they did.
TAysOn
bread head

Previous

Return to print.