Official Cancer Thread

All your thoughts about all records from early days to future releases.

Re: Official Cancer Thread

Postby eddya333 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:06 pm

Last time I checked, I was at 99. That means my next post needs to be super special!! I can't waste it... Oh, wait.
eddya333
zay

Custom Title: Señor Salsa

Postby gunnarpaw » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:12 am

Please forgive what may seem like a basic question, is the journal that people are referring too the $200 reward from the KS campaign?
gunnarpaw
fetus

Postby clayton » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:24 am

We're talking about the book that comes with the digital download. The $200 reward will probably be some sort of handmade version of that journal with extra content.
clayton
death head

Postby gunnarpaw » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:46 pm

Ah right - slaps hand against head realising that he hasnt downloaded this... Thanks for the heads up.
gunnarpaw
fetus

Postby Izzyman » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:15 pm

I can't wait for the $200...
:raw: "Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts." :raw:
Izzyman
death head

Custom Title: Self proclaimed artist

Postby eddya333 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:16 pm

A thought occurred to me while listening to Pink Floyd's "The Wall." I remember several times, showbread has said that that album was a big influence and to expect their movie to be like "The Wall." I'm bettin' ten bucks that the cartoon parts in the Cancer movie are gonna be like the Cartoon parts at the end of "The Wall." My speculation is that the cartoon parts will be in the prison where Protozoa is kept or something like that with being set free.
eddya333
zay

Postby clayton » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Ive always had a feeling two headed monster would be cartoon puppets.
clayton
death head

Postby freethemanitee » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:02 pm

The Principalities are puppets. Some people would be terrified. (note that I don't actually believe this.)

Looked through the journal today. Did anyone else notice that The Protazoa's first CD's are in the Anorexia Nervosa cases? I thought that was neat.
freethemanitee
fetus

Custom Title: Baptist Refugee

Postby clayton » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:23 pm

Yeah, I noticed that. The protozoa are human actors because showbread posted a craigslist for it and there's a picture of it on joshs website.
clayton
death head

Postby shadowgnome396 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:52 pm

Yeah, I noticed the cases too!

Did anyone else think it was interesting that Kimo hints in the Journal that Emperor Constantine, in his victory against Maxentius at Milvian Bridge, overthrows the principalities? Check the second page of You Were Born In A Prison. :)
"But oh, my heart was flawed, I knew my weakness. So hold my hand; consign
me not to darkness." ~ Mumford & Sons
shadowgnome396
fetus

Custom Title: invader

Postby eddya333 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:13 pm

By now I'm sure most of you have seen the teaser trailer for the "Cancer" movie. Obviously it's short and only raises more questions, but that is Showbread; short and raise questions. BUT, something caught my attention: the vocalization at the end. Does anyone recognize that from a song or is this material we haven't heard yet? And if it's material we haven't heard, can this be from the "Patient 3" EP?
eddya333
zay

Postby JustSkiff » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:15 pm

The bagged head could be Patient 3.
JustSkiff
zay

Postby Timloney » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:11 pm

What you guys don't realize is that that is the movie. 90 minutes of Showbread leaning on a wall. Amazing idea, should have thought of it myself.
As for the music? Clearly that is the secret 10th song of Cancer.
The dark side may have cookies, but we have Jesus
Timloney
zay

Custom Title: Pastor In Training

Postby eddya333 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:23 pm

That's actually not a bad hypothesis. If you look at the "Patient 3" EP cover, He has that symbol that keeps coming up associated with the principalities so he could be wearing the bad to hide it. And Patient 3 has pyrokenetic abilities and the bagged head guy was holding a cigarette. But now that I think about it, if what I said is correct, he could just wear a hat. Never mind.

Maybe Timloney is right. The whole movie is a bunch of 70s looking punk rockers standing against a wall occasionally switching out for puppets or cartoon characters. And it's one of those hidden tracks that you have to rewind the CD like that Queens of the Stone Age CD to get the hidden material.
eddya333
zay

Postby clayton » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:56 pm

I'm pretty sure those vocals are from sex with strangers.
clayton
death head

Postby eddya333 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:01 pm

clayton wrote:I'm pretty sure those vocals are from sex with strangers.

Yep. Double checked and can confirm. Good job detective. Let's go home, boys.
eddya333
zay

Postby freethemanitee » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:17 pm

No! We can't do that! I NEED to talk about Cancer with other people. Friends! I live in a foregn country. NO ONE listens to Showbread. (Though I am aware that is the USA too) Lets talk about Cancer! Dangit! Hey have you guys read the journal? It was neat. You know when you watch the I Never Liked Anyone and I'm Afraid of People video that you can look at Josh in the tub? At that very moment he was telepathically telling me "hey guy are you watching this video for the 10th time.... Today? We are making a feature length one of these." People I need your help! Showbread ruined my life. Has a band ever been more self aware?
freethemanitee
fetus

Postby eddya333 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:51 pm

Really? That sucks. I don't any bread heads in person either so I feel your pain. Yes, the journal was neat. It kind of made me think of Chuck Palahniuk's "Invisible Monsters Remix" in style. I haven't read the remix but I've read it reads like a magazine.

You bring up and interesting observation. What if the Movie is just as nonsensical and non linear as the INLAAIAOP video? I would love it because it's Showbread and it was obviously a labor of love but MAN! I know the movie isn't going to answer all questions and I know it's going to be bizarre, but I feel like I'd have to get stoned to see something like that. I've never done that before though!!!
eddya333
zay

Postby clayton » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:26 pm

They've been comparing the movie to the wall a lot, and if you havent seen that, i'll just say that if you dont know its story, its hard to tell its telling a story at all.
clayton
death head

Postby freethemanitee » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:41 pm

Well Planet Cancer is earth. (Nice try Josh!) The entire world is overrun with principalities. SO the thing about this story is that all they have to do is show components. I think the Cd, the ep, the movie, the journal, and any forthcoming Cancer universe media shed light on its world for us to draw our own conclusions. Its supposed to cause us to look at our world. We as the Raw Rock Militia are those punks who spray painted over the Prinicpality painting. Because Cancer really isn't a story about Protozoa at all. Showbread has been this way since the beggining. It was never about Showbread either. Its about God, its about us, and its about becoming the resistance. Cancer, and to a lesser extent the INLAAIAOP video are about causing us to think as a opposed to telling any sort of story.

Funny you say stoned (although I get that you are joking) I love when folks use creativity as an excuse for drugs. Showbread doesn't use drugs. Yet they are Showbread. They have ruined my life. Has a band ever been more self aware?
freethemanitee
fetus

PreviousNext

Return to raw rock records.