the best of showbread

All your thoughts about all records from early days to future releases.

choose two!

You may select up to 2 options

View results

Re: the best of showbread

Postby cam4ever14 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:05 am

I honestly don't have a favorite. Each one gives me this different feeling inside. I love all of them and I think they are all special. Like, after Cancer came out, I loved it a lot. And then I wanted to listen to Who Can Know It? a lot. No matter what Showbread does, I love it. Their lyrics are great, the music is great. This is the only band that never disappointes me.
Art is not the world, art is in our hearts.
cam4ever14
fetus

Postby limework » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:44 am

ya same here. i actually had a sudden craving to listen to wcki yesterday, and enjoyed it more than i have in the past. despite it being my least favorite i still love it.
I'm a dude, she's a dude.
limework
noob

Custom Title: Guest

Postby Sara » Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:19 pm

I thought Tfog was still my favorite until last weekend when my roommate put it in. I don't know if t was just because the only showbread I'd heard for 2 weeks was cancer or what but I felt let down. It wasn't as awesome as I was expecting it to be. So weird.
Sara
death head

Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Postby HSmith19 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:32 pm

Timloney wrote:Can someone explain to me why Nihilism is so loved? I mean I like it a lot but to include it in my top three would be difficult. For most bands i prefer older stuff to newer, but with Showbread each new album brings something new to the table, and to dwell on past releases can blind us to the greatness of future ones. Don't get me wrong though guys, I love every album, it just seem strange, to me personally that this one is chosen above the others.

Nihilism is actually my favorite and there are several reasons why. Not only is it the album that first got me into Showbread, but there are several songs on there that have changed me completely. Matthias Replaces Judas speaks to me in a way that very few songs can. But above all else, there's a sort of completion with Nihilism. Each song transitions seamlessly into the next. Every time I listen to a song from Nihilism, even if my iPod is on shuffle, I fully expect the next song from the album to come on.
It has nothing to do with the screaming or even the style. Honestly, AOR is the first one I jump to stylistically.
New order:
Nihilism, Cancer, AOR, A/N, TFOG, WCKI
HSmith19
fetus

Custom Title: Slap Bet Commissioner

Postby clayton » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:48 pm

Nihilism is definately showbreads best transitionwise. That or a/n. Coincidentally those are my two least favorites. A/n is also my favorite lyrically. Even at its worst, every showbread album has something good to offer.
clayton
death head

Postby limework » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:16 pm

i actually think age of reptiles has the best flow. except for sing me to sleep.
limework
noob

Postby HSmith19 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:41 am

limework wrote:i actually think age of reptiles has the best flow. except for sing me to sleep.

AoR has a fantastic flow, and I feel like Sing Me to Sleep doesn't fit into place until at least the chorus, while every song fits and flows perfectly in Nihilism. Just my opinion. Showbread has a tendency to have a great flow throughout all of their albums. I did think the flow in TFoG was a little weird though.
HSmith19
fetus

Custom Title: Slap Bet Commissioner

Postby limework » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:30 am

only cuz out of my mind
limework
noob

Previous

Return to raw rock records.