Tour with Abandon Kansas

Discuss raw rock live.

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby cartpusher » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:51 pm

The show in Tallahassee was pretty interesting they played on a porch(wood deck) all the college kids were walking and driving past trying to figure out what was going on
Image
User avatar
cartpusher
fetus
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:57 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Sara » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:27 pm

That sounds crazy
User avatar
Sara
death head
 
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Ohio
Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby DrDazzle » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:50 am

GiraffeInMyThroat wrote:I guess they're kind of like a rootsy-folk rock kind of thing, if you like the Almost you'll like them. Anyway I planned on seeing this tour anyway, but I got really syked when I saw that From Indian Lakes would be there too.


>rootsy folk rock
>if you like The Almost you'll like them

Wut?
Light the pyre, a frauds been found
josh_dies wrote:how can someone be a satanist, a catholic and a calvinist all at once? that's a lot of hyphens.
User avatar
DrDazzle
zay
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:16 am
Custom Title: The Jungle V.I.P.

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby GiraffeInMyThroat » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:08 pm

The impression I got at first which wasn't much I'll admit. now that I've bought the album that just came out that I wouldn't put it like that at all.
meh.
User avatar
GiraffeInMyThroat
death head
 
Posts: 3137
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:28 am
Custom Title: There are some who call me...Tim?

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Sara » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:26 pm

Last weeks show was the first time I saw/heard Abandon Kansas. I didnt get a The Almost vibe from them. I am going tomorrow and I am pumped.
User avatar
Sara
death head
 
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Ohio
Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Izzyman » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Sara wrote:Last weeks show was the first time I saw/heard Abandon Kansas. I didnt get a The Almost vibe from them. I am going tomorrow and I am pumped.

How was that Nashville show the other day?
:raw: "Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts." :raw:
User avatar
Izzyman
death head
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Custom Title: Self proclaimed artist

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Sara » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Hahaha it was last night.

It was great!! They played really well and had so much energy that Garrett smacked himself in the face with his guitar. Good times. Had some really good hang times and learned more about their love of farts than I could ever want to know.
User avatar
Sara
death head
 
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Ohio
Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Izzyman » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:17 pm

Sara wrote:Hahaha it was last night.

It was great!! They played really well and had so much energy that Garrett smacked himself in the face with his guitar. Good times. Had some really good hang times and learned more about their love of farts than I could ever want to know.

Alright! Sounds amazing! Yeah I saw the picture he uploaded on twitter. Looked legendary! I definitely noticed Garrett has the most energetic stage presence of the band. And that's pretty nasty... Sounds like Mike's sorta fascination.
:raw: "Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts." :raw:
User avatar
Izzyman
death head
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Custom Title: Self proclaimed artist

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Sara » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Hahaha it looked pretty gnarly last night. When I asked him what happened he said "apparently that's not how you're supposed to play it" hahahaha.

I didn't know Mike, but maybe when he left he put Garrett in charge of that fascination. He and Josh were being super gross haha.
User avatar
Sara
death head
 
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Ohio
Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Izzyman » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:31 pm

Sara wrote:Hahaha it looked pretty gnarly last night. When I asked him what happened he said "apparently that's not how you're supposed to play it" hahahaha.

I didn't know Mike, but maybe when he left he put Garrett in charge of that fascination. He and Josh were being super gross haha.

Ha ha that was well put by Garrett.
Yeah I never knew Mike either but any video you watch with him in it is just ridiculous. Those guys. Ha ha!
:raw: "Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts." :raw:
User avatar
Izzyman
death head
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Custom Title: Self proclaimed artist

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Sara » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:33 pm

Hahaha well if they ever offer to give you a "gift", run away. Fast.
User avatar
Sara
death head
 
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Ohio
Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Izzyman » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:40 pm

Sara wrote:Hahaha well if they ever offer to give you a "gift", run away. Fast.

Dang. Last time my gift from them was a honey bun. I'll remember your wisdom.
:raw: "Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts." :raw:
User avatar
Izzyman
death head
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Custom Title: Self proclaimed artist

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Sara » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:23 am



I'm kind of an idiot and don't know how to use my iPhone yet. Sorry the video is sideways. haha
User avatar
Sara
death head
 
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Ohio
Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Izzyman » Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:44 am

Sara wrote:I'm kind of an idiot and don't know how to use my iPhone yet. Sorry the video is sideways. haha

I've heard about them doing epic dance stuff at shows but never seen it. Truly amazing!
:raw: "Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts." :raw:
User avatar
Izzyman
death head
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Custom Title: Self proclaimed artist

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Sara » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:20 pm

I have a video of them dancing on the project 86 tour too. Idk if it's on here (im sure it is somewhere) but it's on that YouTube account.
User avatar
Sara
death head
 
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Ohio
Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby DrDazzle » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:38 pm

I assume Showbread is playing last?
Light the pyre, a frauds been found
josh_dies wrote:how can someone be a satanist, a catholic and a calvinist all at once? that's a lot of hyphens.
User avatar
DrDazzle
zay
 
Posts: 127
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:16 am
Custom Title: The Jungle V.I.P.

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Sara » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:55 pm

No, second to last. It's AK's cd release tour.
User avatar
Sara
death head
 
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Ohio
Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Izzyman » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:25 pm

How was Abandon Kansas live btw? They recently released a free 4 song Ep that I downloaded and they sound pretty good].
:raw: "Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts." :raw:
User avatar
Izzyman
death head
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Custom Title: Self proclaimed artist

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Sara » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:38 pm

Their music isn't really my thing, so I might not be the best person to ask haha. They are definitely talented musicians and they played well. They're pretty low key, mid-low level of energy on stage, but it fits the music. I had a good time watching them, it was nice way to wind down for the night. I think fans of Abandon Kansas would probably enjoy it a lot.
User avatar
Sara
death head
 
Posts: 3838
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Ohio
Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Re: Tour with Abandon Kansas

Postby Izzyman » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Sara wrote:Their music isn't really my thing, so I might not be the best person to ask haha. They are definitely talented musicians and they played well. They're pretty low key, mid-low level of energy on stage, but it fits the music. I had a good time watching them, it was nice way to wind down for the night. I think fans of Abandon Kansas would probably enjoy it a lot.

Yeah, I didn't LOVE their music. They are good though. Sweetness! Glad to hear there are no complaints for their live show. Maybe I will get around to seeing them live some day.
:raw: "Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts." :raw:
User avatar
Izzyman
death head
 
Posts: 1000
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:29 pm
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Custom Title: Self proclaimed artist

PreviousNext

Return to raw rock live.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron