Organizing shows

Discuss raw rock live.

Organizing shows

Postby justintfirefly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:16 pm

I've been working really hard trying to get Showbread to play in Knoxville, TN since they announced that they wanted fans who could potentially get venues lined up for them to get active. A Christian book / music / clothing store that hosts concerts regularly is interested in getting them and is in the process of getting / being in contact with the band about doing a show there for the upcoming tour, but because of the holiday season, the owner hasn't had the opportunity to be as involved as he'd like. Still working mega hard though...

I was wondering if anyone else is doing something similar?

Metre wrote:holy Age Of Reptiles is by far the best Showbread album justin, that art is incredible
justintfirefly
fetus

Custom Title: skillet good and greasy

Re: Organizing shows

Postby GiraffeInMyThroat » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:22 pm

I was planning on it since my church regularly hosts concerts and stuff, and my youth group leader liked WCKI, but once I told him they'd probably be playing older stuff too (with screaming) he kinda was like UM NO. lol.
meh.
GiraffeInMyThroat
death head

Custom Title: There are some who call me...Tim?

Postby justintfirefly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:27 pm

I was sort of afraid of that, but when I started talking with this guy about the event, I wasn't entirely familiar with the new record yet (I had the advanced download and had listened to it but didn't know enough about it to confidently talk about it). So I sent him a few music videos, mostly from The Fear of God, and a few of the better live videos of them online, then squinted my eyes and gritted my teeth as I awaited a response. Surprisingly, he was in love with them, saying most bands who "rock" as hard as Showbread have a hard time writing lyrics that are half decent, and Showbread, as you know, deliver both fiercely. Showbread changed my life in so many ways and to get them in my own home town would be unbelievable!

Metre wrote:holy Age Of Reptiles is by far the best Showbread album justin, that art is incredible
justintfirefly
fetus

Postby clayton » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:29 pm

i talked to a coffe shop about booking josh dies a year or two ago, whenever he did that tour, however now there are no longer any venues for showbread to play at in my area.
clayton
death head

Postby limework » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:45 pm

GiraffeInMyThroat wrote:I was planning on it since my church regularly hosts concerts and stuff, and my youth group leader liked WCKI, but once I told him they'd probably be playing older stuff too (with screaming) he kinda was like UM NO. lol.

ugh
I'm a dude, she's a dude.
limework
noob

Custom Title: Guest

Postby Liuhadeins » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:49 pm

I live near Knoxville. ~crosses fingers~
I want to see Showbread live so bad!!
Liuhadeins
bread head

Custom Title: Wait... what?

Postby Sara » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:05 pm

What is this mysterious place in knoxville? Since blue cats closed the only place I know that does shows anymore is the valarium.
Sara
death head

Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Postby justintfirefly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:21 pm

the place that I'm in talks with is called Altar'd State in the west Knoxville area. I'm relatively new to the area and that was the only place I knew of that would be down with doing a free show.

justintfirefly
fetus

Postby Liuhadeins » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:24 pm

Turkey Creek?
Liuhadeins
bread head

Custom Title: Wait... what?

Postby justintfirefly » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:30 pm

That's it...They've had some great shows in the past and are seriously interested in getting more for after their holiday stuff is put away.

justintfirefly
fetus

Postby Sara » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:51 am

I will have to watch out for this place.
Sara
death head

Postby justintfirefly » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:00 am

SaraShowdown wrote: Since blue cats closed the only place I know that does shows anymore is the valarium.

I finally got to check out a show at the Valarium last month when I won tickets to see the Reverend Horton Heat. Awesome venue that will be hosting NOFX soon and has recently had the Deftones, but Knoxville also has some other really nice places, though they wouldn't really be down with a free show, I'm sure of it. The Tennessee Theater recently hosted the Black Crowes and a few weeks later NEEDTOBREATHE. Shortly after moving here my wife and I saw Flogging Molly at World's Fair Park and then Rob Zombie / Alice Cooper at the Colosseum. Billy Bragg also recently played the Bijou and hopefully soon at Altar'd State, SHOWBREAD!

My wife and I graduated college almost 4 years ago, but our favorite part about living in Knoxville is the ability to go to a good show "on a school night"

justintfirefly
fetus

Postby Sara » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:08 pm

Yeah I havent been to any of those places because they are usually way too expensive. I really love the valarium because its huge and cheap.
Sara
death head

Next

Return to raw rock live.