your favorite showbread concert

Discuss raw rock live.

Re: your favorite showbread concert

Postby deansnow » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:27 pm

Josh_Dead wrote:
deansnow wrote:iv seen them 23 times! 3 shows stick out to me the most.
1. the very first time i was them. nothing is as good as your first! it was in 03 when dead by dawn was a new song! and it was the only time iv ever seen them play i had music in my heart but now my heart is broken. its my favorite song. it was the craziest showbread show ever! it was at this place called the net in Ca.

2. the young bloods tour! far-less, as cites burn, he is legend and showbread!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING COULD BE BETTER!!!! oh and the chariot was there to.... it was at the underground.

3.was some show in lodi on one of the aor tours when me and my friend bryce got to do lights for the show and we wound up having a black out!
I've seen them 13 or 14 times, I think. I kind of lost count. The first time I saw them was probably around 2003. I can't remember if No Sir was out yet or not, but they played lots of songs from it and several old Life's Kisses songs and stuff as well. That, to me, was easily their prime. They were still a really good show during the AoR era and even the AN/cancer bot shows were pretty cool, but the newest lineup/show just doesn't do it for me.

id agree that was an era of raw that will never be agian! i still love there shows and only been disappointed once. thats says something for seeing them 23 times!
deansnow
fetus

Custom Title: evil dean (s)now

Postby The_Fedora » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:30 pm

Finally saw showbread for the f irst time at purple door 2010.
I almost died from over exposure to raw.

For those who dont know the location, its at SKI RoUNDTOP.
And josh said it would be cool if someone would ski on grass

here is the short but really funny conversation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c357Yq7eZSQ

Prof_Membrane wrote:I've only seen them once, at Purple Door this year. They seemed kinda... down. Or tired. Or something. I still very much enjoyed it though. Dinosaur Bones is a good time.

I would have loved to see them on their tours for their previous albums. Especially the tours with Tae.

I agree, they seemed pretty tired at Pdoor.
I still loved it though.
After seeing videos from the chaotic anorexia tour, I was surprised how low key they were.
but again, it was still amazing
limework wrote:
it's all good dude. i know this is super cliche but it's not the size of the boat, but the motion of the ocean.
The_Fedora
fetus

Custom Title: Zac (Zinny)

Postby Count Grishnackh » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:00 am

I saw them in GA around Christmas of last year... I think it was after the NMA tour and not really on it or something. Practically no one was there, which was kind of sad. They still told jokes and broke apart the drums up at the end though, which was awesome. Tried to take videos, but the lighting was too dark for my camera.
Count Grishnackh
fetus

Custom Title: The Count

Postby passionate_nihilist » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:56 pm

i love u varg
HailImage Gay Image Satan
passionate_nihilist
death head

Custom Title: 16yrold tryin2make the most oflife

Postby samson3191 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:24 am

The show in Grand Rapids, MI last year was incredible. It was seriously one of the best times of my life. The crowd was way into it, they played amazing, it was so raw.
samson3191
zay

Postby xHelenat » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:39 pm

I've enjoyed all of the Showbread concerts I've been to, but I'd have to say my favorite was one a few years ago when Tae was still in, it was the first time that I had ever heard them. The show I saw last summer was really good; Children 18:3, The Wedding, Project 86, and I think some other bands too. That was just amazing.
xHelenat
fetus

Custom Title: Helena

Postby dangxbeki » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:58 pm

The_Fedora wrote:Finally saw showbread for the f irst time at purple door 2010.
I almost died from over exposure to raw.

For those who dont know the location, its at SKI RoUNDTOP.
And josh said it would be cool if someone would ski on grass

here is the short but really funny conversation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c357Yq7eZSQ

Prof_Membrane wrote:I've only seen them once, at Purple Door this year. They seemed kinda... down. Or tired. Or something. I still very much enjoyed it though. Dinosaur Bones is a good time.

I would have loved to see them on their tours for their previous albums. Especially the tours with Tae.

I agree, they seemed pretty tired at Pdoor.
I still loved it though.
After seeing videos from the chaotic anorexia tour, I was surprised how low key they were.
but again, it was still amazing

THIS.
It was my first time seeing them too. Whenever Josh would talk in between songs, I died laughing. The best part was when he saw some people holding pieces of bread that said "show" on them, and he asked why they were holding post-it notes that say "show" on them. His excuse was that he wasn't wearing his glasses, so he couldn't see. It was amazing. Purple Door 2010 was my first concert that I've been to in my life. It was amazing.
Cause there’s a hole in the fabric of my sanity
And it’s getting big enough to see through
dangxbeki
zay

Postby kcskot » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:43 am

Favorite Showbread show was in a little place in Denver, Fear of God tour. There was about 14 to 20 people there, and they played as if it was a sold out show.
kcskot
fetus

Postby Jewfro » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:32 pm

My favorite and the only time I saw them was Ad Astra Per Aspera tour. Darn me living in Texas.
Jewfro
fetus

Postby sweetprincess » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:19 pm

I think my favorite is a few years ago, they played with Project 86, Sullivan, and Destroy Nate Allen. It was around when A/N. I can't really pick, I've seen them at least 5 times...
"Stagnant or will I run? Give up or will I run into arms that are open? Get rid of all the fear,
I know that You are here."
sweetprincess
death head

Postby Sara » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:55 pm

In 2011 so far I've seen them 6 times. I would say my favorite of those was in Nashville on the Abandon Kansas tour. My friend and I got there early, went to the bible study, enjoyed the show and then took the band to Waffle House after the show. Lots of fun. Brought them Easter snacks and gifts. Good times.
Sara
death head

Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Postby HunterBrown » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:48 pm

My favorite concert so far was probably when I first saw them in 2009 with Goodnight Caulfield etc. . .
The people were really lively and wanted to have a good time.
The other times I've seen them was the Raw Rock Theology Tour, with Abandon kansas, and the Arrows are deadly tour and I've always loved them, but almost every time everyone's just standing around acting stupid. And I'm like, "C'MON DUDE! IT'S SHOWBREAD!!" I live in a town where everyone's either a redneck or just doesn't like music at all. I'm the only person I know within 20 miles of me that listens to good music.
owl wrote:but i am going to the doctor so he can butts them

HunterBrown
death head

Custom Title: The Wannabe Ladykiller

Postby gunnarpaw » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:13 pm

My first time was Friday night at the main stage @ Parachute 2012 in New Zealand.

Crowd had gotten smaller from previous bands, but the show was everything I wanted it to be, pure Raw Rock!

Getting to see them in another 12 hours on an inside stage as part of a showcase wih Savng Grace, and The Chariot (Be free!) Before then is an interview set with SB and Ascend the hill.... What a way to spend a Sunday!
gunnarpaw
fetus

Postby nothing-matters-anymore » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:29 pm

I have to say that my favorite time seeing them, which was also my first time seeing them, was at Murray Hill Theatre on the Nothing Matters Anymore tour. The energy of their live show back when Josh was still fronting was absolutely INSANE. I still love seeing them live with Josh on guitar, but that first time seeing them just blew me away! They've been my favorite band ever since!
nothing-matters-anymore
fetus

Postby stephenpippin » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:10 pm

I'm on board with OP! It was actually the first concert I ever went to. I was in like 7th grade or something and hated Showbread. When I saw them live they won me over permanently. Also, The Showdown and Blindside were both killer!

I remember Josh and Ivory made fun of this guys Butt-Chin in the crowd
stephenpippin
fetus

Postby Sara » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:04 pm

stephenpippin wrote: The Showdown

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Sara
death head

Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Postby themisfits » Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:01 am

I saw them several times over the years always amazing my first time I saw them was amp feast in rock falls Illinois and the 2nd cornerstone 07 I do believe
themisfits
fetus

Previous

Return to raw rock live.