Showbread's GrooveShark

Discuss raw rock.

Showbread's GrooveShark

Postby Elijahdies » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Hey Guys, long time no see!
I really miss the raw rock militia i constantly trolled by posting ridiculous stuff.
Sorry about that by the way.
Well recently i was listening to music on one of my favorite sites, Grooveshark.com, when i noticed that Showbread didn't have a few albums on the site. Albums like No Sir and AOR had only 3 songs and they weren't accurately posted. So i came to the realization that if anyone was gonna fix it, it was gonna be me! so i went ahead and uploaded No sir, AOR, Anorexia, Nervosa, and TFOG to grooveshark and accurately entered the Artist, Album, and track information. Feel free to check it out.

May Raw Rock Kill you Forever and Ever Amen.
And May the Force be with You. :raw: :raw: :raw:
Elijahdies
fetus

Re: Showbread's GrooveShark

Postby Elijahdies » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:01 pm

Oh and i love the new forum as well. i'm sure some of you guys remember me from the old one.
Elijahdies
fetus

Postby clayton » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:20 pm

That website seems a bit questionable. And aren't some of those in the exclusives?
clayton
death head

Postby vertebrae » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:04 pm

yup questionable website if i ever saw one
someone tell Drew that he is very fresShh
vertebrae
bread head

Postby JWat » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:30 am

If there's exclusives there, please take them down. I can't access it at work. Is the site legal? Seems to me that if anybody can contribute, there's no way the bands are making money from this.
JWat
admin

Custom Title: international businessman

Postby clayton » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:53 am

Research shows that if someone takes legal actions for music on the site, the person who uploaded it is responsible and not the site. There were a lot of showbreads older albums and eps on there. I don't know how exclusive those are considered since they could be found online before the exclusives section was created, but they're there.
clayton
death head

Postby vertebrae » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:58 pm

well the pre-T&N albums are all on youtube so i don't think they're that exclusive.

but there is an album titled "Raw Rock Militia" and it has some demos like Dead by Dawn and Your Friends Are Fake as well as the Head Like a Hole cover.
Battle of the Bands and Live @ Murray Hill Theater are also available for listening.
someone tell Drew that he is very fresShh
vertebrae
bread head

Postby Elijahdies » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:03 pm

No exclusives were ever posted on the site by myself or any RRM breadhead friends. and yes, the site is legal. it is a music streaming service. Any service in which you do NOT download a copy of the file is legal. if this site were illegal; pandora, last.fm, youtube, and many other streaming services would be also deemed illegal. being able to promote Showbread on ANY music streaming service is necessary to the popularity of the band.the more popular they are, the more downloads they get on itunes and other music DOWNLOADING sites, which means more money for the band and more money towards the cause of salvation to the men and women of this world that have not experienced a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. take a positive outlook on this gesture.
Elijahdies
fetus

Postby Elijahdies » Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Elijahdies wrote:Hey Guys, long time no see!
I really miss the raw rock militia i constantly trolled by posting ridiculous stuff.
Sorry about that by the way.
Well recently i was listening to music on one of my favorite sites, Grooveshark.com, when i noticed that Showbread didn't have a few albums on the site. Albums like No Sir and AOR had only 3 songs and they weren't accurately posted. So i came to the realization that if anyone was gonna fix it, it was gonna be me! so i went ahead and uploaded No sir, AOR, Anorexia, Nervosa, and TFOG to grooveshark and accurately entered the Artist, Album, and track information. Feel free to check it out.

May Raw Rock Kill you Forever and Ever Amen.
And May the Force be with You. :raw: :raw: :raw:
Elijahdies
fetus

Postby clayton » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Posting songs on youtube actually is illegal. The thing about the other sites you mentipned is that the bands actually make a small amount of money through them. That's why there are lots of advertisements or options to pay for premium accounts.
clayton
death head

Postby JWat » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:38 pm

yes, sorry dude, nobody was intending to dookie on your parade there. I know you're only trying to help, so indeed thank you, I'm just trying to keep y'all out of trouble. legally, in any situation, you may not upload anything that you are not the copyright holder of. I'd be willing to guess that 90% of the content of YouTube is there illegally.
JWat
admin

Custom Title: international businessman

Postby shadowgnome396 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:02 pm

Elijahdies wrote:Any service in which you do NOT download a copy of the file is legal. if this site were illegal; pandora, last.fm, youtube, and many other streaming services would be also deemed illegal.

Not true, I believe. Streaming sites like Pandora and Spotify actually pay the artists each time a song is played. It's a fraction of a penny each play, but the artists get payed nonetheless. And no one is forcing any artist to have their stuff on Spotify or Pandora at all. So really, I think Grooveshark is illegal, but it is great for listening. I use it to listen to I See Stars, since their albums are not on Spotify.
"But oh, my heart was flawed, I knew my weakness. So hold my hand; consign
me not to darkness." ~ Mumford & Sons
shadowgnome396
fetus

Custom Title: invader

Postby Austinator » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:12 pm

I used to use Grooveshark as my main music listening service because I could select what I wanted and listen to it whenever I felt like with no commercial interruptions. Since the creation of legal music streaming services like MOG and Spotify, I don't use it as much as I used to, but on occasion I will use it when it is more convenient.

The thing that seems potentially illegal about Grooveshark is that anyone who has an account can upload and share their personal mp3s. But otherwise it seems pretty legit: they have copyright policies and terms of use at the bottom of the home page.
Austinator
fetus

Return to raw rock.