Memories, oh Memories.

Discuss raw rock.

Memories, oh Memories.

Postby Nehemiah » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 am

I was thinking to myself today, as I tend to do on days like today, and I thought a thought that was outstanding next to all the rest; I thought to myself, 'Why do I love showbread?' Following this question, the answer hit me: it was the memory.

Before I had ever seen them live, I liked them quite a bit, they were awesome! But what really hit me is that after their show, they prayed over every single person who asked to be prayed over-- and they weren't going to leave a single person behind-- if you wanted prayer, you were going to get it! We stood around so long that my legs couldn't take it, and I had to sit down. But it was awesome- the only band I've ever seen do it!

And so, thats what made me fall in love with showbread- that memory will stay with me forever.

Whats your favorite showbread memory?
Nehemiah
fetus

Custom Title: Generic Wizard

Re: Memories, oh Memories.

Postby limework » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:38 am

too many to count. a few that stick out:

-josh having a super long conversation with me about zelda. i've never met anyone that likes zelda as much as i do, until i met josh. and he's the front man of my favorite band! so yeah pretty amazing feeling.

-the band staying the night with my wife and i after a show. the show was three hours away from our place, yet they saw how excited we were at the possibility of them crashing with us that they followed us all the way to our place and stayed over. i'm sure they were tired after their show, but they came over anyway.

-explaining the significance of matthias replaces judas in my life to them the following morning. josh laughed and said "most people like nihilism because it's so crazy, and you like it for its wussiest song!"

-talking to them at cornerstone. at one point josh even said "man, you've got our backs no matter what we do." it made me feel good as a fan.

-josh used one of my corny jokes on stage. "what do you get when you give the letter x a bath? a clean x!" (kleenex).

-my first showbread show. they came out to the "hi ho!" song from snow white and sang along to it and danced. it was epic. the next time i saw them, they came out to the zelda theme music.

-josh leaving me a voicemail that made no sense whatsoever.

-taking them out to eat at waffle house after a show. that's where they filmed amy and i for the NMA dvd.

there's more i can't think of.
I'm a dude, she's a dude.
limework
noob

Custom Title: Guest

Postby Sara » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:15 pm

I would have to say last spring in Nashville. My roomie and I brought them tons of stuff and an Easter basket (Easter was that weekend, the show was either fri/sat) so Garrett just had us haul it all into the green room with him, instead him having to make 40 trips. We stayed for the bible study between them, abandon Kansas and quiet science. It was cool. And Josh had a Harry Potter pop up book.
Sara
death head

Custom Title: Winchestertonfieldsville

Postby Josh_Dead » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:30 pm

-Seeing them live for the first time in a crappy bar in a sketchy part of town. They tore it up.
-Seeing them for the first time at Cornerstone in 2007. The tore it up again.

Really, it's just the old shows. They were ridiculous.
IT'S NOT MAN MAN OR FIVE IRON FRENZY
JOSH DEAD HAS DUCKS!!!! DUGGA DUGGA DUGGA!!!!
ImageImageImage
Josh_Dead
demetrius

Custom Title: whistle, chk, chk

Postby charis » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:20 am

saw them in 2005 w/ blindside and the showdown. great show.

when i bought age of reptiles at walmart.

seeing DIES live. played tons of songs off AoV. it was great. much better than the album.
charis
death head

Postby Josh_Dead » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:16 am

charis wrote:saw them in 2005 w/ blindside and the showdown. great show.
I hate you. Besides the free tour, that is the only tour I missed that came through my town. So dumb. Stupid not having a license yet. UGH. I missed Blindside. UGH.
ImageImageImage
Josh_Dead
demetrius

Postby Sara » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:59 am

charis wrote:saw them in 2005 w/ blindside and the showdown.

A bunch of my friend's went to that. Before that none of us knew of the showdown or showbread. I didn't even go and I can't imagine what my life would be like now if they hadn't gone. So weird.
Sara
death head

Postby phyro_gp » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:47 pm

My main Showbread memory is just the fact they're the first band I truly researched every facet of. Hence why I believe what I believe..
phyro_gp
zay

Custom Title: wok?

Postby Timloney » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:15 pm

I love Showbread because I keep coming back. All of my friends who like the same type of music as me (screamo) don't like Showbread. For awhile after WCKI? came out I stopped listening to Showbread because of the lack of screaming. It was then when I got into the spiritual side of the music and not just the up front musical side. To this day I listen to songs over and over trying to pick apart its meaning. So my favorite memory isn't one that is on the past, it is one that continues to this day. Hope that makes sense.
The dark side may have cookies, but we have Jesus
Timloney
zay

Custom Title: Pastor In Training

Postby limework » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:48 am

word tim, it's what the raw rock campaign is all about.
limework
noob

Postby charis » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:35 am

but they were much better in 2005.
charis
death head

Postby Josh_Dead » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:15 pm

charis wrote:but they were much better in 2005.
True story. They aren't bad now, I guess... just very much not the same raw (sigh... not a "raw rock" pun) energy they were then.
ImageImageImage
Josh_Dead
demetrius

Postby Electromatic » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:48 pm

One memory was from a show last year where Josh pointed out my shirt during their set because it was a "Goodnight Sweetheart" shirt. I felt honored. haha

Another memory was after that show, Patrick was trying to knock out Peter's lollipop from his mouth, but he wasn't succeeding. When he and I were talking later, he interrupted me and smacked the lollipop out of Peter's mouth and it smashed all over the floor. It was freakin' hilarious.
Electromatic
zay

Custom Title: Pop music is dead.

Postby Sara » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:11 pm

One time I brought those losers cupcakes in ice cream cones (it was super hot out and we had traveled 2 hours but Drew still thought they were actually ice cream) and Patrick knocked one out of someone in quiet sciences hand. Then he picked it up later and threw it at me. Turd.

This was after he scared the crap out my friend Holly by opening her car door without warning. She screamed, he jumped, I laughed forever.
Sara
death head

Postby Eaglebauer » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:33 pm

at the first show of the anorexia/nervosa tour when Ivory joined the band for a 4 song encore and I got to scream dead by dawn in the mic while he was wearing my glasses for the whole song.

mike wearing only adult depends underpants with a dookie stain (wiped it with a snickers bar).

josh singing honky tonk badonkadonk.

showbread playing the last chord of mouth like a magazine for over 15 minutes - my wife made us leave cause it wouldn't end. haha.

there's way too many.
Eaglebauer
zay

Postby limework » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:51 am

hahahahaha showbread is the best.
limework
noob

Postby icantsavemyself » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:44 pm

phyro_gp wrote:My main Showbread memory is just the fact they're the first band I truly researched every facet of. Hence why I believe what I believe..

Same here, man. I remember wasting countless class periods in high school on the old AN forum and on their wikipedia page haha.

It blew me away how much they cared about what they believed in and how much they just enjoyed people for being themselves and that really got me into searching for the truth; especially after Josh and Abi stayed the night at my parent's house after a book reading.

One thing that I think about a lot is when they stayed a night after a TFOG show was me and Landon were sleeping in a room and I forgot he was there and I farted. He started laughing really hard and then didn't say anything.

There's a lot more I can't think of but those are the ones that stick out the most right now.
limework wrote:pokepooping defined my childhood.
icantsavemyself
death head

Custom Title: The Spear

Postby Nehemiah » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:58 am

Man, some of these posts made me laugh way too much. Such win.
Nehemiah
fetus

Custom Title: Generic Wizard

Postby pogopunkOi » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:12 am

id say my best memories about them would be seeing them my first time at amp fest and 2 times at cornerstone they are always cool to talk to as well
pogopunkOi
fetus

Return to raw rock.