Now with a short-run printing of limited, hand-numbered CDs!
Congratulations to Mark Andrew Cabaliw! Your art will be A Raw Rock Christmas III's album cover. Exciting things to come!
So first thing's first: A Raw Rock Christmas is a compilation of Christmas and winter themed songs recorded by you, the RRM Community, and its' friends. They can be covers or originals. There are only a few guidelines, listed below, but here's an important one for you who aren't on RRM with us:
You do not have to be registered on this site to be a part of this. Both members of RRM and non-members are allowed to submit to any part of this, and everyone is equally eligible for prizes.
There are prizes! Promise! I will provide a prize for whoever submits the bi-winning album art, and then again for whoever has the top song. All entries will have a chance to win. Likely it will be iTunes giftcards and Showbread swag again, but if anybody has any other ideas, please let me know. If coffee's your thing, I can also send you a pound or two of whatever your favorite Starbucks blend happens to be. Thoughts?
The bi-winning designer will also receive a free, limited and hand-numbered CD copy of the Christmas album when it's ready. I will work something fair out for musicians as well.
*I do still owe prizes from last year to both Seth and to Pretty Riot! - I do intend on fixing this asap, as soon as Showbread opens their store again.
What we need!
Interested? We need, of course, a (literal) ton of songs. All musicians are welcome!
- Musicians/bands/singers/poets/etc, without you, there will be no album. We're looking for really anything, not limited to genre. Most of the album usually ends up being indie/folk kind of stuff, but over the past two albums, we've also had punk rock, talk music, 8-bit, and grindstuff submissions. Last year we even got to include our first rap. Crazy.
- Some of you may want to do more than one song, or may have multiple bands/projects you're in. This is totally cool. We don't want there to be too much by the same person, but I'll do my best. How I decide all this is usually determined by the total overall submissions. If you can't decide what to submit, send me everything you're considering, we can discuss and try to pick together.
Now that I've written another novel, here are the guidelines for submitting music:
- You do not have to be a registered user of this site to submit a song. Both members and non-members can contribute. However, registration is free now so you may register if you wish, it might make things easier.
- Music must be Christmas/winter/holiday related. It doesn't have to be religious in any way, but this is a family-friendly site - it needs to be appropriate, content-wise. No swears, y'all.
- These can be covers (new or traditional), re-imaginings of other songs, or your own original piece. The content, however, must be your own.
- Instrumental is cool too. It may seem weird to write a Christmas song without words, but quite a few of our musicians in the last two years have done this quite well.
- Remember, I need the original uncompressed audio of your song, not an mp3. When you bounce your song, make sure you save a copy as either .wav, .aif, or .flac. This is the file that I need. If you're unsure of how to do this, please hit me up and I'm more than happy to help you out. I can use your mp3 as a last resort, but I'm hoping to avoid this altogether this year.*
- Please do not post your creations publicly online (before the album release), it's way more fun to wait until everything's released at once before anyone hears any songs.
- Submissions should be sent with the following information:
- Code: Select all
Username: (leave blank if you aren't a registered user)
Anything can be emailed to me at firstname.lastname@example.org - ALL submissions must go there. Discussion can stay in this thread, you can also post on our Facebook wall or @reply us on Twitter.
*Usually a lossless quality audio file will be quite large, and sometimes too large to be sent as an email attachment. If you have trouble with this, please upload to http://mediafire.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, http://dropbox.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, or a similar site and email me the link to download. Make sure you include the info I requested above.
If everything goes according to plan, I want to release the album December 1st. Hopefully we can have an album art by the end of October, and everything ready to release at the end of November. Thoughts? Anybody have any cool ideas for this year?
Here's last year's album, Electric Boogaloo, incase you haven't heard it.